Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Ive spent a week in my Rivian, driven about 700 miles these are the changes I would like to see. What would you like Rivian to add?
Current software version: 2022.07.0

Rivian please provide us a way to give feedback!

Already seen these suggested in a few other videos/posts etc:
  • Battery SOC on the Gauge cluster in addition to range
  • Dog Mode or camp mode
  • Being able to specify brightness settings for the screens for day/night as separate settings
  • Battery pre-conditioning for DC fast charging
  • Homelink
  • PIN to Drive
Other things we (Rivian Forums) would like to see:
  • Conserve mode with low suspension (it only allows lowest and standard), or just improve ride quality somehow in lowest.
  • A ā€˜resumeā€™ for driver+ after a lane change or other interruptions
    • Resume for normal ACC - @godfodder0901
    • Auto lane changes or at least auto resume after lane changes - @omamatt
    • Lane centering for normal ACC on unmapped roads @Scott
  • Apple CarPlay - ok ok I knowā€¦ lets not have this debate again :)
  • If we have to use Rivian for mapping I am going to need more accurate map data and POIs (especially trailheads)
  • If no CarPlay/AA for WiFi music, enable phone connection over USB for music quality - @Sgt Beavis
  • Better text messaging integration @Scott (basically non existent now as far as I can tell)
  • Better graph for the ā€˜Efficencyā€™ meter. Instead of: less range - 2 mi/kWh - more range.
  • A shortcut to for turning lane assist on-off. Maybe Driver+ could have itā€™s own tab instead of having to go into settings then apps then driver+
  • Floating window for audio - @omamatt
  • Rear view mirrors that tilt down in reverse - @Joints4Sale
  • Improvements to Phone as a key, temporary disable option in the app maybe? Constant locking/unlocking when working in the garage, nearby rooms is annoying, possibly better sensitivity/predictability.
  • Blind spot cameras on blinker usage ala Kia, Hyundai, Tesla - @kylealden
  • Better FM radio experience (ability to re-arrange pre-sets, easier station tuning) - @s12dxer
  • Deeper bluetooth music integration (ability to navigate music folders/playlists, etc) - @s12dxer
  • Option to disable Driver+ chimes when engaging or re-engaging after lane changes (interrupts music) - @s12dxer
  • Geofence for proximity unlock to prevent auto-unlock in the garage while i'm upstairs :) - @s12dxer
  • Alexa integration with Apple Music skill - @s12dxer
  • Ability to have heated seat and ventilated on at same time (my VW does this) - @s12dxer
  • Screen to be able to view camera in bed area while driving (to keep an eye on stuff) - @s12dxer
  • Viewing of Gear Guard videos in the Rivian App - @s12dxer
  • Ability to assign key cards to different drivers in either the app or vehicle screen - @s12dxer
  • Carwash mode - @boredcleaner
  • Dashcam - @boredcleaner
  • Better usability of the camp speaker, donā€™t connect back to the car radio every time you open the door while using camp speaker. Also don't randomly connect to camp speaker and start playing music when car is locked, speaker is docked.
  • Better speedometer accuracy. At least mine is consistently 2-3 mph high.
Probable bug:
  • When you change screens after the screens have transitioned from day to night, for a second the new screen displays as day mode before adjusting back to night.

Rivian R1T R1S Features Request List After 1-Week With Rivian R1T 50D7CA0B-FA92-4277-BA13-55C4390C9C2A

Rivian R1T R1S Features Request List After 1-Week With Rivian R1T D74CEDAA-CA0C-4240-9B45-AA9234DCFA6F
Sponsored

Last edited:

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
GREAT set of suggestions. With regards to 'resume', I have found that while HA is active, forcing a lane change drops it into ACC at the same speed. After settling in your new lane, simply re-engage HA as normal.
A resume for ACC would be quite welcome, however.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Feature Request: label and scale all axes...

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
Ive spent a week in my Rivian, driven about 700 miles these are the changes I would like to see. What would you like Rivian to add?

Already seen these suggested in a few other videos and I 100% agree with them:
  • Dog Mode
  • Being able to specify brightness settings for the screens for day/night as separate settings
Other things I would like to see:
  • Conserve mode with low suspension (it only allows lowest and standard), or just improve ride quality somehow in lowest.
  • If we have to use Rivian for mapping I am going to need more accurate map data and POIs (especially trailheads)
  • Better graph for the ā€˜Efficencyā€™ meter. Instead of: less range - 2 mi/kWh - more range.
  • A shortcut to for turning lane assist on-off. Maybe Driver+ could have itā€™s own tab instead of having to go into settings then apps then driver+
Probable bug:
  • When you change screens after the screens have transitioned from day to night, for a second the new screen displays as day mode before adjusting back to night.

50D7CA0B-FA92-4277-BA13-55C4390C9C2A.jpeg

D74CEDAA-CA0C-4240-9B45-AA9234DCFA6F.jpeg
I agree with your thoughts and welcome the D+ resume idea, however, I would like to see D+ resume automatically like it did in my Mach E and does in my BMW. I would also like to go one step further and have it auto lane change like my BMW when the turn signal is tapped.

Also would like to request (this is more an auto industry request) a powered rear view mirror that stores in the memory settings.

Third improvement request is the charge port door to pivot down instead of up. Seems you have to reach around it to get to the button to shut it.

Software enhancements would be to allow some floating windows such as the audio side load window. Instead of it being all the way on the right at least allow it on the left.

Sponsored

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
An option to have the outside rear view mirrors tilt in Reverse.

Lsthrz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla S, 2012 LR4
Occupation
Geologist
Agree with these suggestions as well.

Maybe I have missed it, but is there a way to adjust speed in ACC up or down from the stalk vs have to increase via gas pedal or canceling all together and lowering speed and resetting ACC?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Agree with these suggestions as well.

Maybe I have missed it, but is there a way to adjust speed in ACC up or down from the stalk vs have to increase via gas pedal or canceling all together and lowering speed and resetting ACC?
The right thumb buttons. Tap once for 1 mph, press and hold for 5 mph. Right for up, left for down.

Sponsored

Bigskyinminnie

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc GL450
+1 on improved mapping features. I'd add route options similar to Google Maps. Currently if I map Minneapolis to Denver it sends me on a route with no chargers at all vs De Moine to 80 across Nebraska. Very odd.
Also lot's of room to add functionality to the phone app like turning on cameras and reviewing gear guard video etc

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I have it on good authority a dog mode and camp mode are in the works. Whether or not they hit the mark with them might be a different story.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Rivian R1T LE

Already seen these suggested in a few other videos and I 100% agree with them:
  • Dog Mode
Other things I would like to see:
Probable bug:
I agree with these 100%. The only adds I have are request for memory settings for front passenger seat and integration of Homelink (or something equivalent).
The only probable bug add I have is that experienced by several of us where sound will not come through speakers regardless of audio source. This has only happened once to me, but others have reported the same.

Not to beat a horse thatā€™s already been dead for over a year, but my biggest gripe is my inability to use Waze (through CarPlay or as supported stand-alone app). I have been using it for a week in parallel with the Rivian solution and, any time they have differed, Iā€™ve found Waze to be better. For example, this morning Rivian nav wanted to direct me around a very minor highway slowdown by taking access road with various traffic lights. I followed it instead of Waze, which was trying to keep me on the highway. I lost several minutes and it was clear the detour wasnā€™t needed.
Not a big loss this morning, but just shows itā€™s a shame thereā€™s a better solution out there that many of us already useā€¦ but itā€™s disappointing that we canā€™t here.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Great ideas! Edited main post to add these additional excellent software improvements ideas. Hopefully someone at Rivian is watching, or at least we can have a list ready when they ask :)
Sponsored