Sponsored

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
My current configuration is for the 20" Bright. One reservation I have with the 22s is that they are not forged wheels. They won't be as strong as the 20" wheels, more pothole risk, and they will weigh more. How much do they weigh?

Forged 22s won't be cheap and there don't seem to be a lot of aftermarket options for the R1T yet.

I'm perfectly comfortable with having two sets of wheels & tires.
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I don't understand why anyone would want 22 inch wheels. No gain in efficiency and awful off road. I assume my wheels will get scratched up at some point on a trail so I'll probably just stick with the standard 20s even through I'm configured for the gloss black right now. if I was just buying it to stick to the streets, I'd get the 21s.

Last edited:

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I don't understand why anyone would want 22 inch wheels. No gain in efficiency and awful off road. I assume my wheels will get scratched up at some point on a trail so I'll probably just stick with the standard 20s even through I'm configured for the gloss black right now. if I was just being it to stick to the streets, I'd get the 21s.
To each his own. I think they look better. I’m not off-roading

iKnowKenMeadows

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 volvo xc90, 19 gmc terrain
Occupation
operating engineer
So im In this same boat, just a daily driver, mostly highway driving.. have 22s in my pre order, this thread is making me think I should go to 21s? Someone convince me why I should stick with 22s lol. Just a daily driver/day care shuttle over here lol

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
So im In this same boat, just a daily driver, mostly highway driving.. have 22s in my pre order, this thread is making me think I should go to 21s? Someone convince me why I should stick with 22s lol. Just a daily driver/day care shuttle over here lol
Personally, I didn't care for the look of the 21s and everyone is scared of finding replacements due to the rarity of the special 21 size. Going with the 20 or 22 gives you more options for replacements. I updated mine to the 20 black yesterday. I think the 22 black look better in pictures but ultimately chose the 20s because options and ride quality. I can always get an all season 20 inch tire for range.

Sponsored

iKnowKenMeadows

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
operating engineer
I’m also a little concerned w the 20s about noise, and that ever so familiar hum above 60. I just think for my use the 22s would be the best ride quality choice…. I think lol

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
I am all about looks and I love the design of the 22” wheels. The 21” option is a little bland for me and the replacement tire options will never be great (remember that you are only getting 30k miles at best with either). Ride should be good with either as this suspension system is as advanced as it gets.

I live in a heavy snow area but if the roads are really bad I just don’t go anywhere. In Iowa they clear roads really quickly so it’s never a big deal for long.

My only decision is the current configuration of white with the black 22” or blue with the polished 22” wheels.

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 infiniti G37 convertible, 2010 expedition
Occupation
retired computer designer
Clubs

The 22s stop in a shorter distance. Also handling and road feel. (my reasons)

Chilimac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron
Occupation
Retired
21s aren’t available if you are taking delivery now. I switched to 22s to enable delivery next week.

Wefty

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2008 Fit
Is the lower range of the 20s because the tires or wheel size? Can I get the 20s, put on AS tires and get the efficiency of the 21s?

Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I am configured for the 20” as I do want to try and do more off roading even with most of my use will be on road.

Now that we have the offsets, I am curious what aftermarket options we have for 22” rims? Could not find anything yet on Tire Rack.

Lawrence-of-Blaine

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, GMC Envoy, Nissan 350Z
Occupation
Photographer/Artist
Clubs

Is the lower range of the 20s because the tires or wheel size? Can I get the 20s, put on AS tires and get the efficiency of the 21s?
I like this question.
Anyone?
Bueller?

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jaguar Fpace, 2001 Corvette
Occupation
Commercial real estate finance
I'm configured with 22s and would like to buy 4 x 20" with AT for winter and potential off roading. Even better would be the options for summer tires on the 22s. I have a similar set up, 19s with snows and 20s with summer tires for my Fpace.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
21s will give you better ride and range. Only stick with 22s if you like your truck to ride worse, get worse efficiency and cost more for tires.

iKnowKenMeadows

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
operating engineer
I feel like you’re in the minority with this take from the research I’ve done so far. No offense
Sponsored