sub

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Chevy Suburban
Looks good.

I hope Rivian adds wheels in the gear shop. I want a set of each. 22's as my daily driver (in the summer). 20's with snow tires for the winter. And 21's for road trips.

atlastracer

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR AWD, Honda Pilot
I'd love to get a set of 22's along with my 20 ATs on my R1S LE. Since I am getting a "free upgrade" on the LE to one of them, I'd love to buy a complete set of the others as well. But when I've asked CS - they said I could discuss that with my guide. So I'm waiting to hear what the cost is. The spare wheel/tire on the R1T was $1000 CDN. So I'd assume 4 would be (at worst) $4000. If a 22" tire is ~$300....that's only $700 for a rim. Hopefully I can just order 4 full-size spares :D

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 2.29.08 PM.png
"Can't lose with 22's B*tch that's what's up!" 😜

Tim-in-CA

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Telluride, T-Bird, R1S on Preorder
Nice ... 3 Rivian logos per wheel setup (rim, center cap, brake caliper) ... wonder if a total per-vehicle Rivian logo count has been determined?

On topic, I originally had 22's on my order, but switched back to the standard 21's to optimize for range. But you never know, I may want to be a baller and bump back up to 22's. 💰😎

Last edited:

ads75

Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2016 Acura RDX
Occupation
Utilities
If I were going R1S I might do the 22", they do look good. But even Rivians website describes them as three season tires, and I don't feel like getting dedicated winters. Just a little confusing since I think Rivian has some clips of them in the snow also.

Tim-in-CA

Reaction score
Vehicles
Reactions: Max

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 3.21.59 PM.png

Apparently even Diddy approves in the Coast to Coast Remix "Sittin' on 22's this what long money do." :cool:

Tim-in-CA

Reaction score
Vehicles
the suspension looks really low in those pictures
Woah, looks like a low rider
I recall that there is a very low setting for the suspension that allows for easier entry/exit while parked. The vehicle can not be driven in this setting.

Picard

Reaction score
Vehicles
Touareg TDI, X5 45E
I love the look of the 22" wheels and have that on my configuration currently (LE R1S). However, the more I read about everyone raving about the 20", the more I am worried I am making a mistake here. Here in Maryland, we do get our fair share of rain and some light snow so I think the 22" AS should do fine in that regards. However, my worry is about the harshness of the ride. Has anyone driven a 22" shod R1T at one of these events and can speak to how it rode?

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I'm still getting the 20" wheels on my LE R1T, but I'd really like to buy a set of those 22"s for summer road driving.

Advertisement

Advertisement