First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Another poster said the spacing distance between jack points on the R1T is too far apart to use a QuickJack. I have it for my other vehicles, but didn't measure it myself, but I imagine he is correct.
Maybe this is naive, but couldn't you just turn the jacks sideways (perpendicular to the vehicle)? With a flat bottom plus the jack pads, I assume clearance wouldn't be an issue.

(I am very obviously not an engineer.)
Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

There is a QuickJack TLX version with 66” between the lift points. I don’t have my truck right now so I can’t measure the distance, but I agree if someone else’s already checked then my current jack no worky anyway now on two counts. The individual 7000TL lifts are heavy AF to move already, TLX’s ain’t gona be any lighter, and if I was going to buy again I’d want a lift rated at least for the truck’s curb weight.
The jack points on the truck have an 80-81" spacing between front and rear.....just did a quick measurement. I would have zero issue using the QuickJack if it was long enough to reach the lift points on the truck, but I also have no problem with those that stick with the product sticker and recommendations. I would trust the QuickJack over jack stands...it's all moot, as it doesn't fit anyway....

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Anyone recommend a 9K# two-post jack with bases that can mount to a concrete floor but with (easily) removable posts?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Maybe this is naive, but couldn't you just turn the jacks sideways (perpendicular to the vehicle)? With a flat bottom plus the jack pads, I assume clearance wouldn't be an issue.
The QuickJack "lifts" in an arc motion, so if you turned it perpendicular it would be fighting the tires in a direction the wheels don't turn (scraping laterally).

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
The QuickJack "lifts" in an arc motion, so if you turned it perpendicular it would be fighting the tires in a direction the wheels don't turn (scraping laterally).
I have used them that way on other cars. Worked fine. Wheels wouldn't turn in the normal direction anyway due to being in park. Most times I pull the vehicle up on a piece of wood first, which slides on the floor easier. For some reason I didn't think about this configuration for the R1T.

Just went and measured, and it is only 61-62" across, which would work with the extended QuickJacks. I have the 7000TL, but also have the frame extensions which allow for up to 66". That is at the outside of the lifting block, but 61-62" center to center should be doable.

Based on the door sticker before my spare was installed, I should be at 6909. With the spare it is 6989. I do think for peace of mind, I will take the spare out and go get the truck weighed first, but even at 7140 (as quoted above) the jacks won't have a problem. A factor of safety of 2-3 is not uncommon for products such as this. As someone else said I still trust them more than jackstands, and you don't have to find a place to jack and another to put a stand. That issue on other cars is what drove me to buy the QuickJacks in the first place.

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Most times I pull the vehicle up on a piece of wood first, which slides on the floor easier.
Not sure I’m following… are you saying to put like a 2x6 or something under the front and rear wheels so that they slide along that as the perpendicular jack arcs laterally while it’s lifting?

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure I’m following… are you saying to put like a 2x6 or something under the front and rear wheels so that they slide along that as the perpendicular jack arcs laterally while it’s lifting?
Yes, I did that on past cars, but more so it was to get the vehicle high enough to fit the QuickJacks with frame extensions under. It did have the side effect of allowing the wheels to slide along my garage floor more easily.

I have thought of doing the trick some of my racing friends have done to make slide "plates" for use with alignment. Take two pieces of vinyl flooring cut to size under each tire (or use the precut 1 ft squares). Put them on the ground with smooth sides facing each other, and dish soap between them. Then you can pull the car on them, and it allows the tires to "slide" when adjusting toe with the weight on the car.

All just brainstorming. I ordered my pucks and will give it a shot when they get here to see how much of an issue it really is.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Ordered my pucks today as well, so subscribed. 🍿

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I have a floor lift with large pads which normally ride on the rocker pinch welds. I have four pucks for the jacking points, but the pointa are too far apart to use on the lift. Can I lift the R1T just on the underbelly? I have the off road package, but will this distribute the weight enough to not do any damage? Another thought would be to get two I-beams and weld a "puck" to each end so they align with the jacking points on the truck. I would then have to place the beams in position to use the lift. Anyone done this already?

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
Anyone recommend a 9K# two-post jack with bases that can mount to a concrete floor but with (easily) removable posts?
I've always been fond of asedeals.com for this type of stuff. I bought a tire changer, wheel balancer, large tool box, and some other misc tools from them over the years. They offer good values in my opinion.

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Thanks will check them out. I think “portable” is going to be the limiting factor. I could deal with leaving the base plates permanently mounted, but the SAF on the columns being permanent would be a One Punch Man “God-Level” event.

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)

(I am very obviously not an engineer.)
Yes, weight issues aside, the quickjacks are 'approved' for use sideways.

I use my quickjacks all the time with my 911's. They are great, particularly if you don't have the room or desire for a two or four post lift. I've also used them sideways for lifting friends cars that don't have close enough lift point spacing, as well as some Ferrari's which have very odd lifting points that are not in line front to rear.

Mine are the 5,000 pound version, so I won't be lifting the Rivian with them, but I personally would have zero concerns lifting a 7,100 pound R1T with a 7,000 pound rated quickjack!
Rivian R1T R1S EV Sportline Jack Pad Puck 996 quickjacks exhaust unobtanium apart - 1

Last edited:

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Yeah, I guess I be putting my QuickJack 7000TL on Craigslist. Didn’t think I’d ever have a vehicle that weighed more than 7000#! 🏋️‍♂️
If it does 7000 you should be fine. You’re never jacking all the weight of the vehicle. The weight is always distributed to the ground by other wheels or other jack stands.

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
If it does 7000 you should be fine. You’re never jacking all the weight of the vehicle. The weight is always distributed to the ground by other wheels or other jack stands.
Actually that is *exactly* what the quickjacks do... Lift the entire vehicle. But still, I personally wouldn't have any issues with being 2% over over the QJ7000 nominal weight rating.

Sierra7117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, 996
Occupation
Program Manager
Yes, weight issues aside, the quickjacks are 'approved' for use sideways.

I use my quickjacks all the time with my 911's. They are great, particularly if you don't have the room or desire for a two or four post lift. I've also used them sideways for lifting friends cars that don't have close enough lift point spacing, as well as some Ferrari's which have very odd lifting points that are not in line front to rear.

Mine are the 5,000 pound version, so I won't be lifting the Rivian with them, but I personally would have zero concerns lifting a 7,100 pound R1T with a 7,000 pound rated quickjack!
996 quickjacks exhaust unobtanium apart - 1.jpeg
Beautiful turbo 996! Lucky bastard...
Sponsored