OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Whoa Nelly. I just got one for my floor jack.

Didn’t mean to send folks diving for their manuals. Guess it’s better than doing so on the side of the road at night.
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I put 4 of them in a small binocular case and use them for rotations and then keep in truck incase of emergency service.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Don't know about instructions for tire rotation, but I have a 9000# hydraulic car lift that I'll be using.
Yeah, I guess I be putting my QuickJack 7000TL on Craigslist. Didn’t think I’d ever have a vehicle that weighed more than 7000#! 🏋️‍♂️

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yeah, I guess I be putting my QuickJack 7000TL on Craigslist. Didn’t think I’d ever have a vehicle that weighed more than 7000#! 🏋️‍♂️
In the video on EV Sportsline website, they say that they use a 3 ton jack for the Rivian. Obviously, they are lifting 1 wheel at a time in the video but your 7k jack should still work in this application.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
In the video on EV Sportsline website, they say that they use a 3 ton jack for the Rivian. Obviously, they are lifting 1 wheel at a time in the video but your 7k jack should still work in this application.
The Quickjack is a portable vehicle lift, so it would be lifting the whole vehicle at one time.

I too have a Quickjack 7000, which I assumed would be ok for all of my vehicles. I really think the weight is ok based on the door stickers (mine is 8532 lb GVWR and 1543 payload, but was 1623 payload before I had the spare tire installed, so maybe just take the spare out to be safe). The bigger issue with the Quickjack and the R1T is the distance between the jack points. Even with the extensions or using the longest model, the R1Ts jack points are too far apart.

I have thought about fabbing up something for use with a jack and jackstands, but haven't gotten that far, or had the need for it yet.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Would be my luck to get it up on the locks, then not be able to raise it to release them in order to lower it. 🥵

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Do these work with the supplied jack?
The supplied jack includes a puck designed for it, so use the two together.

The billet pucks are for aftermarket floor jacks and lifts.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The QuickJack is designed to lift the entire vehicle -- not just a corner. a 7k# rating is not sufficient for use with the R1T. It is not safe for this application.

Sponsored

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
FWIW, just had the R1T weighed by certified scale for CO DMV, with 22's plus spare no occupants it came in at 7140 lbs.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

The QuickJack is designed to lift the entire vehicle -- not just a corner. a 7k# rating is not sufficient for use with the R1T. It is not safe for this application.
The Quickjack with a 7,000 lb rating is over-engineered at least 2x.......there are numbers of videos with the 5000# version tested at 15,000#'s. Another poster said the spacing distance between jack points on the R1T is too far apart to use a QuickJack. I have it for my other vehicles, but didn't measure it myself, but I imagine he is correct.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The Quickjack with a 7,000 lb rating is over-engineered at least 2x.......there are numbers of videos with the 5000# version tested at 15,000#'s. Another poster said the spacing distance between jack points on the R1T is too far apart to use a QuickJack. I have it for my other vehicles, but didn't measure it myself, but I imagine he is correct.
Pretty much every product is "over-engineered" (some more than others) based on their published ratings, because of lawyers and liability concerns. It's a personal choice if you want to exceed that rating.

Personally, I don't.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

There is a QuickJack TLX version with 66” between the lift points. I don’t have my truck right now so I can’t measure the distance, but I agree if someone else’s already checked then my current jack no worky anyway now on two counts. The individual 7000TL lifts are heavy AF to move already, TLX’s ain’t gona be any lighter, and if I was going to buy again I’d want a lift rated at least for the truck’s curb weight.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Pretty much every product is "over-engineered" (some more than others) based on their published ratings, because of lawyers and liability concerns. It's a personal choice if you want to exceed that rating.

Personally, I don't.
Completely agreed if my butt is getting underneath the vehicle. I'm pretty attached to myself and don't wanna get squished. If I'm just lifting it a few inches off the ground for tire rotations (and not getting under it), I'd be more okay with stress testing the equipment.
Sponsored