atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

If you take your R1T to a tire shop, will they need 4 of these to get it up on the hydraulic lift, or can they just move the liftā€™s pads around?

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Question... Are there jacking instructions for the rivian to do something like a tire rotation or do you need to have multiple jacks? With this "puck" how do you get a jackstand underneath?

Sponsored

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
If you take your R1T to a tire shop, will they need 4 of these to get it up on the hydraulic lift, or can they just move the liftā€™s pads around?
When I had my tire repaired at pep boys, they used some sort of a special lift that didnā€™t contact my frame. Only one of their bays was equipped with it but Iā€™m not sure what type of lift it was because Iā€™m not well versed in this subject matter.

Without the jack pad, you would have to take off some of the underbody panels to access the part of the frame thatā€™s safe to use lift on. Thereā€™s information in tow guide on how to do this. Nice thing about jack pad is you donā€™t have to remove panels and just flip down a little cap to access the spot for the pad.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Question... Are there jacking instructions for the rivian to do something like a tire rotation or do you need to have multiple jacks? With this "puck" how do you get a jackstand underneath?
Yes, there are jacking and lifting instructions in the owners manual. You use the jack points for individual tires or you use the lifting instructions to lift the entire vehicle. Pages 192-201.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I have 2 pucks and the local tire jacked up the rear first (1 puck on each side with floor jacks), installed tires. Then repeated the process on the front to install tires. The bigger issue is having a floor jack tall enough to jack up the Rivian in the highest setting. The tire shop has since ordered a sets of pucks.

If you read the manual you can also remove a plastic cover near the hole for the puck. You can then use a hydraulic car hoist to lift your Rivian from the frame.

Heimat

First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
pipefitter, rental property
Don't know about instructions for tire rotation, but I have a 9000# hydraulic car lift that I'll be using. If you have the lifting pucks any tire shop should be able to use them and do a tire rotation. I did talk to Rivian customer service and he said the service center would do a tire rotation for a fee.

Sponsored

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
There are four small aero panels/covers that are designed to be removed when lifting the entire vehicle. They are fairly easily removed, but you will need a Torx T20 and 10mm to remove them.

Something like that lifting puck is designed for using a small portable jack and lifting a single corner, and not even needed for that. Seems a lot simpler to carry a T20 screwdriver and a compact 10mm tool than a fairly big and heavy $50 'lifting puck' (let alone *four* of them!!)

Rivian R1T R1S EV Sportline Jack Pad Puck rivian lifting excerpt  1

Rivian R1T R1S EV Sportline Jack Pad Puck rivian lifting excerpt  2

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

There are four small aero panels/covers that are designed to be removed when lifting the entire vehicle. They are fairly easily removed, but you will need a Torx T20 and 10mm to remove them.
Are a Torx T20 and 10 mm socket included in the OEM spare tire tool kit?

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type

Something like that lifting puck is designed for using a small portable jack and lifting a single corner, and not even needed for that. Seems a lot simpler to carry a T20 screwdriver and a compact 10mm tool than a fairly big and heavy $50 'lifting puck' (let alone *four* of them!!)
They are aluminum, I would not really call them heavy in the scheme of things. They fit pretty nicely in an inexpensive small case that easily fits in the rear underseat storage area. I would rather use a set of them than take off those access panels every time lifting the vehicle is needed. Photo courtesy of RS.
Rivian R1T R1S EV Sportline Jack Pad Puck Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 8.55.25 PM
Sponsored