Electric Cooking options

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
We just dug through our old small appliances and started bringing a Ninja multi-cooker. I don't bring the pressure cooker lid, but it's pretty versatile for the amount of space it takes up.

Rivian R1T R1S Electric Cooking options 1684523234629

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I just ordered on of these - Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill + Griddle, 8-Serving, Reversible Nonstick Plates, 2 Cooking Zones with Adjustable Temperature (38546), Black https://a.co/d/7j62sPP

Will give it a shot in a couple of weeks and report back. I like that has an automatic goo catcher / drip tray. Because Bacon.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
For tailgating, I've used an induction burner I got on Amazon, a rice cooker, a crock pot and my sous vide circulator.

That Blackstone is looking pretty nice though. Might have to check that out.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
The blackstone electric has worked out great for me
Rivian R1T R1S Electric Cooking options 1684533169593

Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

My tailgate setup - Rivian style. Iceco refrigerator and crockpot :
Rivian R1T R1S Electric Cooking options 20231111_163906534_iOS

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Last edited:

Ingo B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Word Slinger
Co-sign the slow cooker. The Rivian helped keep the cheese melty for the nachos at our kids' wrestling tournament. This wasn't my dish, and the dad who brought it was thrilled since the cooking gear we used was propane and charcoal-based.

@jebinc - peep that bed liner.

Rivian R1T R1S Electric Cooking options Nachos

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I just ordered on of these - Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill + Griddle, 8-Serving, Reversible Nonstick Plates, 2 Cooking Zones with Adjustable Temperature (38546), Black https://a.co/d/7j62sPP

Will give it a shot in a couple of weeks and report back. I like that has an automatic goo catcher / drip tray. Because Bacon.
I ordered this induction stove top and plan to take it camping next weekend - will report back on how it does!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09LZBHFSK
Rivian R1T R1S Electric Cooking options IMG_20231113_222418

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Ha!

I’m not a fan of the Hamilton. Takes too long to get hot, not evenly spread heat, and is a little bulky. I was hoping its ability to trap grease from making bacon overrode these deficiencies, but they did not.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Ha!

I’m not a fan of the Hamilton. Takes too long to get hot, not evenly spread heat, and is a little bulky. I was hoping its ability to trap grease from making bacon overrode these deficiencies, but they did not.
Good copy!

Now I'm split between 17" electric Blackstone and some sort of induction. I love our big gas Blackstone, so easy to use with its big surface area, but induction allows us to easily boil water with current pot/pans and not buy a kettle.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
The NutriChef worked out well, but I've since traded my Rooftop Tent life for the Travel Trailer life and now have a real kitchen in the RV. I also have the big propane Blackstone and love it, but the NutriChef induction works well in a pinch - it heats up fast and the Rivian's onboard power was sufficient to keep it powered. The only complaint I have is the two "burners" are too close to each other so when you have two large pans on them, they tend to get in the way of each other.

Last edited:

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Good copy!

Now I'm split between 17" electric Blackstone and some sort of induction. I love our big gas Blackstone, so easy to use with its big surface area, but induction allows us to easily boil water with current pot/pans and not buy a kettle.
Aha - that was my next question.

We have a Smeg kettle that we just toss into the gear when camping, and it works out great.

I’m going to try out induction for the next trip and see how it goes. Still have my trusty, old-school Coleman white gas stove that is almost certainly going to be a named item in my Last Will and Testament. Just need to decide which kid I love most.
Sponsored