Sponsored

Does anyone know what camping trailer this Rivian R1T is pulling? [Updated: Airstream Basecamp]

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Sorry that it's not the best image, but Rivian just posted some new marketing material with this sweet-looking camping trailer being towed by a R1T.

Does anyone know the Manufacturer?

Rivian R1T R1S Does anyone know what camping trailer this Rivian R1T is pulling? [Updated: Airstream Basecamp] 1657828667854
Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Airstream. Awesome trailers, but crazy expensive.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Airstream. Awesome trailers, but crazy expensive.
Yea, the basecamp is the cheapest Airstream but it still starts at $46000. I'm considering the longer version of it, which starts at $56K and can go up to $64K.

Sponsored

OP
OP

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Thanks, guys!

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Yea, the basecamp is the cheapest Airstream but it still starts at $46000. I'm considering the longer version of it, which starts at $56K and can go up to $64K.
If you've got the money they are some of the coolest trailers around. However, after I pay for the Rivian you will find me with a sign near the freeway overpass "need $$$ to charge my EV Truck"

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

If you've got the money they are some of the coolest trailers around. However, after I pay for the Rivian you will find me with a sign near the freeway overpass "need $$$ to charge my EV Truck"
They're definitely cool, but they have somewhat limited off road capability. That's the biggest downside. I'm also considering a trailer from Ember RV.

idiocyafoot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla S, LX470, R1200GSA, 500EXC-F
I think that’s the one that cuts your range in half.

In all seriousness… I totally get it and am fine with it, especially with chargers coming online everyday and the fact that the spot you’re going to most likely has an RV electric hookup anyway. Looks like a sweet camper.

I did get on the mailing list today for Lightship Energy. Thesis seems to make sense.

Sponsored

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
idlethoughts.blog
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Rivian R1T LE (delivered 6/28/22)
Occupation
Retired
My wife and have looked at campers for years. We’ve had a couple poptops we pulled across the country when the kids were small. But we decided we’d not use a camper (Airstream or something else) enough to justify the cost, even before we got serious about a Rivian. So we just bought a new tent, screen room, camp chef oven, etc. We have an Aerobed we inflate with the Rivian’s 120 v outlet. And you don’t have to worry about range impacts. 😜

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
I'm also considering a trailer from Ember RV.
Black Series? Opus? InTech? Just curious. The Airstream with EV drive, or Lightship, that's the way this is going to go to make EV towing tenable.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Black Series? Opus? InTech? Just curious. The Airstream with EV drive, or Lightship, that's the way this is going to go to make EV towing tenable.
Man, that Airstream concept was da shiznit.
However, I think battery tech will catch up those use cases. The biggest deal isn’t the range, but the time it takes to recharge. I predict we’ll eventually be able to tow a pretty good load for up to 200miles. But more importantly we’ll be able to 80-100% recharge in 15 minutes or less. It’s just a matter of time.

Perkmeup

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vermibag.com
Vehicles
Jeep cherokee
Occupation
Engineer
Man, that Airstream concept was da shiznit.
However, I think battery tech will catch up those use cases. The biggest deal isn’t the range, but the time it takes to recharge. I predict we’ll eventually be able to tow a pretty good load for up to 200miles. But more importantly we’ll be able to 80-100% recharge in 15 minutes or less. It’s just a matter of time.
ya…you’re probably right….but when you pull up, there will probably be 7 chargers available and only 1 working…with 3 people in line……so we’re still at an hour☹ Hope not….

wreighven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition 4x4
Clubs

I've had a '22 BaseCamp 20X for 10 months now and LOVE it. I've gone on 4 trips with it over 20 nights total. Towed it with my X before it got totaled; installed an upgraded hitch receiver on the X so the hitch weight of 525 lbs wasn't an issue (obviously not a problem in either Rivian). Took delivery of a Model Y Performance in March to tide me over until my R1S arrives so can't tow with it. Currently towing it with my 2014 1794 Edition Tundra (setup in my profile pic). Let me know if y'all have any questions!
Sponsored

Last edited: