Sponsored

Desirability of the Rivians with the CCS charge port

Will you buy a new Rivian with the CCS port?

• Total voters

izgoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ID.4 Model Y
Now that Rivian has announced its move to the NACS charging connector specification, will you take delivery of your order with the CCS charge port?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I will be exited when the whole world has switched to one plug. Until then who cares you will have a bunch of adapters and everything will work. Also still really hoping they will sell a new port we can just swap out so we don't have to use the adapters later on.

Another question I have is should I sell my Rivian charger now?

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Not a very objective poll. Consider adding as an option:

• Yes, I'll buy a currently priced Rivian with a CCS port. Adapters will be provided and actually provide me with more flexibility; at least in the short/medium term while the standard is implemented (or not).

The added cost of course is carrying and handling an adapter.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Pretty sure us CCS Rivian owners will be stuck with an adapter for the life of the vehicle. I don’t mind but my concern is the short cables at superchargers.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I will be exited when the whole world has switched to one plug. Until then who cares you will have a bunch of adapters and everything will work.
Exactly. I could care less.

OP
OP

izgoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ID.4 Model Y
Not a very objective poll. Consider adding as an option:

• Yes, I'll buy a currently priced Rivian with a CCS port. Adapters will be provided and actually provide me with more flexibility; at least in the short/medium term while the standard is implemented (or not).

The added cost of course is carrying and handling an adapter.
I added this option.

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
I just took delivery of my R1T last week with the CCS plug so this poll really doesn't have a viable option for me. I really don't see the need to add an adapter for the very few times I'd want/need to charge at a Tesla Supercharger as a big deal -- especially when Rivian will be supplying this adapter for free.

Most home chargers out there these days are not on the NACS Standard. About five of my friends and acquaintances own Tesla's and every one of them carries a CCS adapter when they travel for their L2 charging needs, and it'll be the same with the Rivian for me -- carry the adapter to give flexibility.

It's nice to see the charging infrastructure start to mature in one direction or the other. At this point, it'll be at least another 18ish months before we will be able to use a Tesla Supercharger. Most of my road trips are in the 225-mile range and luckily luckily there's a RAN station 1/2 way. Even if I have to use a NACS adapter at that station some day, I'll stop there even after there's a fee, as the price will likely be less, and it's at a convenient stop.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

As long as I can get a charge, I don't care.

Brian

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta
I just took delivery of my R1T last week with the CCS plug so this poll really doesn't have a viable option for me. I really don't see the need to add an adapter for the very few times I'd want/need to charge at a Tesla Supercharger as a big deal -- especially when Rivian will be supplying this adapter for free.

Most home chargers out there these days are not on the NACS Standard. About five of my friends and acquaintances own Tesla's and every one of them carries a CCS adapter when they travel for their L2 charging needs, and it'll be the same with the Rivian for me -- carry the adapter to give flexibility.

It's nice to see the charging infrastructure start to mature in one direction or the other. At this point, it'll be at least another 18ish months before we will be able to use a Tesla Supercharger. Most of my road trips are in the 225-mile range and luckily luckily there's a RAN station 1/2 way. Even if I have to use a NACS adapter at that station some day, I'll stop there even after there's a fee, as the price will likely be less, and it's at a convenient stop.
Exactly. Until there is an actual standard, everyone will need an adapter to cover all their charging needs.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Unless you're a road warrior who is constantly public DC fast charging all the time it really shouldn't matter because as mentioned many, many times over at this point.. you can still access either port via a simple/inexpensive adapter.

Last edited:

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

I will be exited when the whole world has switched to one plug. Until then who cares you will have a bunch of adapters and everything will work. Also still really hoping they will sell a new port we can just swap out so we don't have to use the adapters later on.

Another question I have is should I sell my Rivian charger now?
"Another question I have is should I sell my Rivian charger now?"

Maybe they will offer something like Chargepoint seems to be planning.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...for-its-charging-solutions.16318/#post-353479

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Now that Rivian has announced its move to the NACS charging connector specification, will you take delivery of your order with the CCS charge port?
Just did but if hadn't would still do it. Would anyone really wait until sometime in 2025 just to avoid using a free adapter?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Until the situation is such that one connector/ port is the standard for all, it won't matter. Adapters will be required.

And that situation may never actually come, so just enjoy your 800hp electric adventure vehicles and your frunk full of adapters:like:

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order, Model Y P, Tundra TRD Pro
wonder if the automakers making the switch to NACS standard will adopt Tesla's port location as well.
Sponsored