Sponsored

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
I was relaying what I was told when talking to CS. I imagine some orders will move up and some will move out. Good luck!
I saw earlier on this thread that someone got their new estimate date and then it changed back to Processing estimate. I checked about 30-45 mins ago and mine had gone from Processing estimate (changed last night and stayed that way for most of the day) to May-June 2023. Now i checked my account again and it went back to Processing estimate! So maybe they're not ready to release it yet but i'm thinking I got a sneak peak.
Sponsored

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
is my id my preorder number? under my graphql info before "total" and "unit price"

My estimate date still shows July 2022 to September 2022.... in graphql
Says Processing estimate still on the site.

Last edited:

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I saw earlier on this thread that someone got their new estimate date and then it changed back to Processing estimate. I checked about 30-45 mins ago and mine had gone from Processing estimate (changed last night and stayed that way for most of the day) to May-June 2023. Now i checked my account again and it went back to Processing estimate! So maybe they're not ready to release it yet but i'm thinking I got a sneak peak.
They will probably do it once CS leaves for the day.

DallasRivianR1S

First Name
Krispi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
big wheel
Occupation
donut maker
i tried using the "web developer tools". i am not sure i am doing it right, could not find a date range.
there was this
<meta name="build-date" content="2023-01-27T18:05:45.474Z">

does that mean there is a build date?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

is my id my preorder number? under my graphql info before "total" and "unit price"

My estimate date still shows July 2022 to September 2022.... in graphql
Says Processing estimate still on the site.
They implemented another flag that makes everyone's say "Processing estimate". My guess is they are still tweaking the program and using the live dataset instead of something in dev.

Sponsored

Taiga

First Name
Taiga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, e-Golf
Occupation
Self employed
September 2021 Preorder (bay area)
R1T FG/OC, no underbody, 20s
Originally October-December 22 delivery

I changed configuration (cancelled PPF) after Jan 15th
Status says "processing estimate"
In graphql it says "pending delivery" and "window April 1- May 31"

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
They implemented another flag that makes everyone's say "Processing estimate". My guess is they are still tweaking the program and using the live dataset instead of something in dev.
ok, I will patiently wait......

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
Mine got pushed: 😭
July-Sept 2023
I wonder if it is because before January 15 I removed the underbody and switched from 20inch AT wheels to 21's
Maybe I ought to add the underbody again...

Better Late than Never

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Desk jockey
I feel silly when I get on this site since I have a May 2022 pre-order and I'm anxiously watching the site, thinking I'll get a delivery window sometime this year.
4:32PM and no update for me though. The last I had was JAN-DEC 2024 but I changed my configuration an the estimate ahs been "Processing" ever since October.

Dual Motor
Large Pack
Glacier White
Black Mountain Interior

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
Anyone with max pack have a date?
I'm pretty sure that those with a Max pack reservation, of which I was one until a week or two ago, now have "Processing estimate" as their projected delivery. My initial Max delivery estimate was 1H2023, later changed to a nebulous sometime in 2024 projection before reverting to Processing estimate.

When Rivian sent the email to Max pack reservation holders in December telling us that the quad Max was indefinitely deferred, they also hinted that the dual-motor Max would start production late this year. The email also said that existing quad Max pre-orders would get priority delivery, whatever that means. I'm suspicious that the DM R1T Max will really be introduced late this year, and suspect that delivery even as soon as 2024 is a long shot.

Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Reloading the Rivian page to see your new delivery estimate is like asking a magic 8 ball.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Once all is said and done someone who is a lot smarter than me needs to throw up a poll or start collecting data to shape observations.

Like back in Oct it was evident OC was pushed out in 2023 and FE moved up earlier into 23.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I agree. When I made my R1S preorder back in May 21 I think I read there were c35k pre orders at the time. They produced 25k vehicles in 2022 and have now added an extra shift etc so how are people waiting for vehicles that have preordered year ago? Or am I just a dumb Brit who doesn't get it?
Keep in mind that the majority of the R1 vehicles produced in 2022 were R1T and of the backlog it's fair to assume that at least half were for the R1S. R1S started production pretty late in 2022, so it's no surprise that you're waiting a bit. Unknown why they seem to be making more R1T still than R1S, but a good assumption would be something in the supply chain for the SUV is holding up the works.

mcrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP, Rivian R1T
FWIW - I ordered my R1S 9/21 and my R1T 11/21. I wanted the R1S more (3 young kids) but decided to reserve both. On 12/8/22, I randomly got a note from Rivian that I was invited to the R1 Shop. I assumed it was for my R1S, but my guide said it was only R1T's at the time and that R1S invites to the R1 Shop will start in 2023. She also confirmed the R1 Shop will only have either R1T's or R1S' when someone is invited, not both.

Once I selected my R1T in the R1 Shop, my guide suggested on and around 12/8/22 that my R1T was currently being built and should be ready in 4-6 weeks once it's passes inspection. I got a note two days later that my R1T was ready for delivery and I scheduled a pickup on 12/21/22 - maybe the expediency is because I'm in Chicago and a year end push? Who knows.

My graphql shows 1H2024 for my R1S and has shown "processing estimate" for months now after I changed my exterior color from white to limestone.
Sponsored