Sponsored

Cybertruck full official specs just leaked (dimensions, weight, tow rating, bed size, etc.)

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Wait, the CT is actually coming? I swore I read on here something about vaporware? Oh, but it's massively sized and won't fit in any garage ever built, right? Oh, wait.
Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
So, the CT is bigger inside and out back, along with a 220V that the Rivian does not have.

If it's priced under the R1T on similar drivetrain comparisons, it's a hit IMO, despite the looks.
Ignoring the looks, the smaller front trunk and no gear tunnel would be a deal breaker for me. The Rivian bed is plenty big for my use cases. I also prefer the rear racks to be below the roof line and horizontal for mounting bikes, RTT, skis, etc. No air compressor either.

I don't see the CT offering any real advantage.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Wait, the CT is actually coming? I swore I read on here something about vaporware? Oh, but it's massively sized and won't fit in any garage ever built, right? Oh, wait.
Curious what Tesla will give you on your R1T trade in, let us know.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I looked at the "heatmap" table posted in the CT thread and the results are hilarious - R1T might not show on paper as bigger than a Tacoma or Maverick, but it certainly feels way larger to me!

I looked into interior measurements years ago, and since there is no standard on how they are completed, I've seen all sorts of measurements that aren't borne out in reality once you get in the vehicle.

Also side note - the width of the R1T is shown all over the place on the internet as wider than it actually is. I'm pretty sure that dimension includes the mirrors.

Edit: does your table include the volume of our gear tunnel?
Yeah I'm trying to figure out how the rear headroom is so close to the front headroom in the CT per these specs. That's got to be more than a 2" difference in the roofline from the rear seat position to the front seat position.
Rivian R1T R1S Cybertruck full official specs just leaked (dimensions, weight, tow rating, bed size, etc.) 1699477860782

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Yikes! I’m starting to get the impression that some of you don’t like Elon/Tesla much. Personally Ive never owned a Tesla, and I’ve never meet Elon, so I haven’t developed any dislike for either.

I do like the specifications I’m seeing. If they are correct I will probably convert my reservation when my turn comes up. Will I keep it long… my track record for that isn’t good, so probably not. But it should be fun for awhile. Not worrying about scratch’s and door dings would be fantastic.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Yeah I'm trying to figure out how the rear headroom is so close to the front headroom in the CT per these specs. That's got to be more than a 2" difference in the roofline from the rear seat position to the front seat position.
1699477860782.png
I agree, the only way that is possible would be to have really low seats in the back, unless they fudge the number by measuring the highest point and not the lowest where the head really is.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yikes! I’m starting to get the impression that some of you don’t like Elon/Tesla much. Personally Ive never owned a Tesla, and I’ve never meet Elon, so I haven’t developed any dislike for either.

I do like the specifications I’m seeing. If they are correct I will probably convert my reservation when my turn comes up. Will I keep it long… my track record for that isn’t good, so probably not. But it should be fun for awhile. Not worrying about scratch’s and door dings would be fantastic.
You have to meet people in person to dislike them?

Hmm...

I actually don't mind Tesla the company. I still think the CT is the biggest joke ever.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Seems to me the Cybertruck is neither a great adventure truck nor a proper work truck.
I'm sure owning it will be some sort of adventure. Have to wonder how expensive glass replacements are going to be, especially if they really are using special glass.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It's not that I don't like Elon. It's just that I don't like the things he says or stands for. As for Tesla, I think they could do better with a different CEO. And I just don't care for their product design. Particularly when it comes to the removal of things like turn signal stalks.
Sponsored