First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Lol.. this one is particularly enticing to me... I could sell our boat and trailer and just launch the CT right from the ramp to enjoy a day out fishing or just being out on the water to catch some rays! Even better... "F" the boat ramp with the lunatic boat owners... I could just drive the CT right into the water from the local beach and save on ramp fees every year. Brilliant!!! šŸ˜
Exactly! Just wait for guidance from Elon on what constitutes seas that are ā€œtoo choppyā€ so you donā€™t void your warranty. Otherwise just blast your way out of the parking lot, over the dunes and into the surf! Donā€™t forget life jackets for you and your passengers - safety first!

Edit: Since it can pull near infinite mass you could even start a nice little side business pulling other peopleā€™s boats out to sea as well. The truck will basically pay for itself!
Sponsored

Last edited:

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Don't forget Elon also said it'd have sonar, but didn't elaborate. It'd be pretty cool if the cybertruck shipped with fishfinding equipment.
Now we're talking... I'm keeping my reservation!

Now it just needs a couple of rod holders and a swim platform and I can get rid of the Grady :D

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Exactly! Just wait for guidance from Elon on what constitutes seas that are ā€œtoo choppyā€ so you donā€™t void your warranty. Otherwise just blast your way out of the parking lot, over the dunes and into the surf! Donā€™t forget life jackets for you and your passengers - safety first!
No problem... I'm a very safe boater, and I'm sure the Cyber Bilge Pump can pump at least 20 gal/min to keep up with any rollers over the bow.

I sure hope it has those nice retractable cleats used on modern boats... nothing worse than catching a toe on one of the old exposed cleats. Also, a windless (electric anchor winch) would really be a nice touch as retrieving a heavy anchor really is quite tedious. An optional swivel chair or two for the bed along with a live well would complete the setup!

It's already got a trailer hitch so we could tow the jetski down to the ramp, launch it.. go drop the jetski trailer in a parking spot, unhitch.. then drive the CT right off the ramp into the bay and have a nice boating day with the CT and the Jetski... šŸ˜

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
Is it required for Tesla Haters to parade around and shout it out like petulant children? This thread sure seems like it's a requirement.

In the topic at hand, the renders look like crap. Super unoriginal and not what "they" (cybertruck pre orders) want. They want unique, weird, original. And that's what Tesla will deliver. I'm fine if all the cranky old people get pissed off about it. They weren't in line to buy it anyways and just need something to complain about while they wait on their boring ass Ford to show up.

Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Is it required for Tesla Haters to parade around and shout it out like petulant children? This thread sure seems like it's a requirement.

In the topic at hand, the renders look like crap. Super unoriginal and not what "they" (cybertruck pre orders) want. They want unique, weird, original. And that's what Tesla will deliver. I'm fine if all the cranky old people get pissed off about it. They weren't in line to buy it anyways and just need something to complain about while they wait on their boring ass Ford to show up.
Its not true that Tesla owners were asking for a freaky pickup truck. I was initially disappointed, but now I'm glad they went weird.

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
The Cybertruck is not a truck for people who want soft, plush, pretty leather-wrapped cocoon with sleeper seats. CT is for people who want a tough-as-s#1t, extremely capable truck.

I know it is not pretty enough for the kids at auto evolution, but they really were never the intended audience. This will sell well in Texas.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
The Cybertruck is not a truck for people who want soft, plush, pretty leather-wrapped cocoon with sleeper seats. CT is for people who want a tough-as-s#1t, extremely capable truck.
please detail its capabilities with citations. TIA

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

I know it is not pretty enough for the kids at auto evolution, but they really were never the intended audience. This will sell well in Texas.
And you are convinced of this for what reason? Because of the long record of Tesla heavy duty truck manufacturing? Have you seen the interior of a Tesla rental car? :CWL:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Iā€™m not waiting for a Ford and I still hate the CT.

Maybe you can explain a phenomenon among Tesla fans since you are such an expert on humanity and speak for all Tesla fans. Why do so many of them claim to know so much about something that has no official specs yet?

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
Iā€™m not waiting for a Ford and I still hate the CT.

Maybe you can explain a phenomenon among Tesla fans since you are such an expert on humanity and speak for all Tesla fans. Why do so many of them claim to know so much about something that has no official specs yet?
Glad you've identified yourself as a hater, well done. Nobody KNOWS the specs. You know this. We all have the same information. Whether the fans of the vehicle are confident is their own prerogative. You can say it will never go to production (which you have) and people can say you are full of it as well. Seems to be flowing both ways.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Glad you've identified yourself as a hater, well done. Nobody KNOWS the specs. You know this. We all have the same information. Whether the fans of the vehicle are confident is their own prerogative. You can say it will never go to production (which you have) and people can say you are full of it as well. Seems to be flowing both ways.
Thank you for your validation. It means so much to me.

Since you are the Cybertruck/ Tesla whisperer maybe you can use your powers on those who seem to think the specs are settled and published for all to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.