Sponsored

Customer Satisfaction Campaign (Recall?) Notice: inadequate interference between the halfshaft splines and the wheel hubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 110, Range Rover HSE
Clubs

I just received an email that my R1T needs to go to service center as part of a "Customer Satisfaction Campaign". I have never heard of this but it sounds like it might as well be a recall. Anyone else get this today? Btw I have never had any halfshaft issues in the past.
Rivian R1T R1S Customer Satisfaction Campaign (Recall?) Notice: inadequate interference between the halfshaft splines and the wheel hubs Screenshot_20230720_153910_Gmail
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Voluntary and ultimately not safety related. Just a warranty issue, so no recall necessary.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Is this the low-speed motor knock some folks (me) are getting or something else?

OP
OP
Gimmeoneofeach

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Voluntary and ultimately not safety related. Just a warranty issue, so no recall necessary.
So shouldn't everyone receive? I thought it was odd when I looked on this forum and didn't see it mentioned. Why would I be the only one who received?

OP
OP
Gimmeoneofeach

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Is this the low-speed motor knock some folks (me) are getting or something else?
Not sure ... I have never noticed it or created a ticket for anything related to this

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

So shouldn't everyone receive? I thought it was odd when I looked on this forum and didn't see it mentioned. Why would I be the only one who received?
There have been a lot of campaigns like this already, not every vehicle is affected, this one about the halfshaft bolts has been mentioned a lot, search on this forum is pretty terrible IMO.

At least one of the threads below.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...gn-halfshaft-issue-on-2022-r1s-and-r1t.14291/

OP
OP
Gimmeoneofeach

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

There have been a lot of campaigns like this already, not every vehicle is affected, this one about the halfshaft bolts has been mentioned a lot, search on this forum is pretty terrible IMO.
My bad. I didn't realize it was already on here somewhere.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

I never received the notice, but knew about it from this forum, and when my R1T was in the SC for a different issue, I asked about it and it was completed.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i thought they had sent our a previous email about this. anyone know if this is for new VINs they realized needed to be addressed or previous ones that didnt come it to get the fix done yet?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gimmeoneofeach

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

i thought they had sent our a previous email about this. anyone know if this is for new VINs they realized needed to be addressed or previous ones that didnt come it to get the fix done yet?
I am pretty low VIN (48XX) and took delivery in May 2022. Now have over 30,000 miles and ZERO complaints. This is the first time I have received this notifcation.

CheezyNachos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure: LA Silver/Dark Mountain
Clubs

I have a 9/22 build 12xxx VIN R1T and I have yet to receive any notifications for any type of service campaign/TSB/recall/etc.

Is that weird?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

usually they identify a production range of affected vehicles and then the notice only goes out to customers with vehicles produced within the range. Sometimes the range can be small, like "John came in drunk on Monday and every vehicle he built needs to be fixed"
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.