Sponsored

Lte, gps, wifi are offline, and hard reset doesn’t work.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
mine just started acting up, the maps are always offline, but I can connect to wifi and the hotspot still works. I tried a rest but did not work, so I might try the bluetooth trick before putting in a ticket. I just got it back form the SC few days ago.
Sponsored

Chaseg08

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2003 Harley Night Train, 1957 Apache
Occupation
Lead Quality Engineer
Same issue here. xxx5314 VIN. Having my windshield replaced Oct 24th at the Denver service center. They are going to check out the connectivity issue at the same time.

Ow My Balls

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1991 Audi 200 20v Avant and 2016 VW Golf R
Clubs

Looks like mine is bad. Lost LTE, GPS, and Wi-Fi this morning. Tried soft reset but that didn't help and car could not do a hard reset. Luckily service center is opening in my metro next week so I was able to get in next week to fix the TCM among other issues. VIN is a relatively recent build at 259xx. At least the car is still drivable and I can just use Bluetooth for music and navigation if needed so not much functionality has been lost.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I didn't post on a while, but I was able to fix mine.

The service center had no clue how to fix it, and wanted to bring it in for all kind of new parts, I didn't buy it because my hotspot works, and Bluetooth. So I started tinkering around and I found out that in one of the updates the Navigation data was turned off in the Nav options.... Turned that on and everything worked like a charm.

Sponsored

Ow My Balls

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1991 Audi 200 20v Avant and 2016 VW Golf R
Clubs

An update: Got mine back from the service center. They ended up just doing a 12V hard reset and everything came back (it was there for some paint issues at delivery as well). At pickup both the technician and service advisor said that the next update is supposed to have a software update to “fix the issue”. Whether this means allowing the rivian to hard reset when it can’t communicate with the TCM or something else I’m not sure.

On another note, the Oklahoma City service center was awesome and can’t recommend them enough to anyone in the area. Picture is from pickup with mine on the right.
Rivian R1T R1S Lte, gps, wifi are offline, and hard reset doesn’t work. IMG_0707

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

I’m having this exact issue.

Will try another vehicle restart tomorrow. If not ok I will contact CS again and mention what I have learned from this thread.

I started a new post earlier and received the same advice.

Thanks everyone.

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

I’m having this exact issue.

Will try another vehicle restart tomorrow. If not ok I will contact CS again and mention what I have learned from this thread.

I started a new post earlier and received the same advice.

Thanks everyone.
UPDATE

I just spoke with Roadside Assistance. Was told there was a connectivity issue stemming from AT&T affecting multiple vehicles. Once resolved the will check in with me to verify fixed.
Sponsored