Cupholder weight limit?

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I tried searching the forums, Reddit, and the owner’s manual but I couldn’t find a weight limit for the cupholders in the front center console. The manual mentions them on page 210 but doesn’t have any information.

Has anyone ever broken the cupholders because they put too much weight in them? I’ve had two 30 oz Yeti-style tumblers that were mostly full and it seemed like the cupholders were doing okay. They were knockoffs so they were much lighter than an actual Yeti, however. I’m wanting to get one of those 42 oz Yetis and they’re quite heavy on their own, and even more so when full. I think it could safely handle one, but I’m worried about having anything in the 2nd cupholder spot at the same time.

I know it’s likely only anecdotal, but does anyone think that would be too much weight based on their own experiences? Thanks!
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Just trade in your Rivian for one of these:

Rivian R1T R1S Cupholder weight limit? 1709522398312

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

N7Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mazdaspeed 3 | 2023 R1T
Clubs

Yeah, that sounds fine. My friend had two big 40oz Stanley bottles filled with water, and they worked out great.

Sponsored

RivRyan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, ID4
Occupation
consulting
Maybe you could work out a drip-feed from the air conditioning condenser?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I imagine the weight limit far exceeds what anyone would consider putting in them. Maybe if you were in an accident it could be a problem, but anything not bolted down turns into a projectile anyway.

Maybe consider one of these if you're really worried about it.
Rivian R1T R1S Cupholder weight limit? 1709561058355

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

Even if they were rated for the weight this one probably wouldn't fit based on its shape.

https://theheavycup.com/products/he...b4xGXLTV05l8ZQOukJggiNzpAo19krUxoCsk4QAvD_BwE
HA!
Eleiko did this first and had to pull the product because of the overwhelming demand.

Then Rogue Fitness did a short-run (limited quantity) of these.

Good to see others getting in on the trend, but these won't be as 'cool' as having an Eleiko or Rogue version. THAT said, I would NOT try to use these in any cupholder :D

beyondgravity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I tried searching the forums, Reddit, and the owner’s manual but I couldn’t find a weight limit for the cupholders in the front center console. The manual mentions them on page 210 but doesn’t have any information.

Has anyone ever broken the cupholders because they put too much weight in them? I’ve had two 30 oz Yeti-style tumblers that were mostly full and it seemed like the cupholders were doing okay. They were knockoffs so they were much lighter than an actual Yeti, however. I’m wanting to get one of those 42 oz Yetis and they’re quite heavy on their own, and even more so when full. I think it could safely handle one, but I’m worried about having anything in the 2nd cupholder spot at the same time.

I know it’s likely only anecdotal, but does anyone think that would be too much weight based on their own experiences? Thanks!
I have yeti yonder 50oz and seem to handle with those large cup mounts. It does block the screen though. I am trying to find time to do something in the space in the front; but need to find time.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I have yeti yonder 50oz and seem to handle with those large cup mounts. It does block the screen though. I am trying to find time to do something in the space in the front; but need to find time.
I use this for the larger cups and bottles. Stays secure and easy to reach.

Rivian R1T R1S Cupholder weight limit? IMG_9191

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Valid question. Agree the pop-out cup holders feel "flimsy" with large coffee cups, etc. Interested to see what you find out here.

webfootdawg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, A4
Clubs

We set a pair of 28 oz owala steel bottles in ours without issue. FWIW.
Sponsored