D-Rok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '22 M3LR, '09 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

862 in miles into my R1S life and I took a rock this morning heading to work - 3/4" "bullet hole" with spidering - just sent my guide a note to see what the current Rivian recommendation is but it feels like it will be a hefty commuting charge
So sorry for you!! I hate when this happens. Some idiot not securing their load of gravel well, typically. Frustrating!! Hope all goes well for you.
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

862 in miles into my R1S life and I took a rock this morning heading to work - 3/4" "bullet hole" with spidering - just sent my guide a note to see what the current Rivian recommendation is but it feels like it will be a hefty commuting charge

2E7CF8A8-F093-42DA-A17E-A4B3966FD497.jpeg
Looks just like my windshield killer. Mine came off a VW Beetle! It grew like an inch a minute.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Has anyone tried using a windshield protection film product, such as ExoShield?

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

I've gotten a few more dings in the glass since my replacement.

Quick Question for all here that may know:
Looking at the truck, camera is in the center of the glass - ADAS is to the left, correct? What's the one on the right that is just a circle?
I think I may have picked up a chip right on that one - I don't think it's part of whatever system is behind that bit.

Anyone know?

MCVSKD213

First Name
JAMIE VIA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford
Occupation
accountant
I live in Wyoming where rocks hitting windshields is a common issue. My windshield was hit hard, at eye level and received multiple cracks. Normally, we can call Safelite, Windshield Doctor, or, one of many bodyshops in our area for windshield replacement.

I called Rivian support and was told the closest option for me was a body shop in Salt Lake City, over five hours away. The SLC body shop said they would check with Rivian about a replacement windshield and get back to me. That was a few weeks ago and I am still waiting to hear from them. In the meantime, the cracks are growing!

I hope Rivian has plans to make replacement parts available to body/repair shops...

Now waiting to hear back from my Rivian guide.
While waiting to hear back from your Rivian guide, it might be worth considering Dr Rock Chip for your windshield replacement needs. They specialize in providing professional and efficient windshield repair services, ensuring customer satisfaction. You can find their location at https://goo.gl/maps/a2VPJ6ytVyk8Lmmx5.

In the future, it would be beneficial if Rivian expands their network of body and repair shops to ensure easier access to replacement parts like windshields. Hopefully, they address this issue promptly, and you receive the assistance you need.
Sponsored