Sponsored

Costco Wallbox Pulsar Plus 40 AMP Wall Charger 450.00

Oh_Yeah_Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
The Emporia is good if you're looking for a cheap smart EVSE. The Pulsar Plus is better if you think you'll get a second EV at some point and want to use its load sharing features.
I have two EVs but don’t think I’ll ever use the load sharing features
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kurt44

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Max Pack 2023
Clubs

We are using the Rivian wall charger mainly because we got it for $500 when we ordered the truck in 2018. Otherwise, I think there are a lot of good EV chargers out there for a better price than the Rivian one.

Brian

DSC_0046.JPG
Thank you Brian, I see you have an airstream, I plan to do the same, which is why I am waiting on the Max Pack. Appreciate the advice.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

If it's going to be outside, make sure it's one you can disable like the Wall Box. If you already have a 14-50 outlet, the cheapest is to get a 40A one like you see there. If you need to add a circuit, go for a 60A and buy a 48A hardwire charger.

OP
OP

Kurt44

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Max Pack 2023
Clubs

If it's going to be outside, make sure it's one you can disable like the Wall Box. If you already have a 14-50 outlet, the cheapest is to get a 40A one like you see there. If you need to add a circuit, go for a 60A and buy a 48A hardwire charger.
Very helpful, Thank you

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
I have used ChargePoint, Wallbox, and Tesla. I prefer Wallboxes’user interface which allows multiple users. Also it can be hardwired or use 14-50 so it’s versatile. Costco’s CS and return policies are excellent and I would have purchased there if they had them 2 years when I purchased.

Sponsored

nukem384

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3/Rivian R1S
Hello
I am looking to learn and be advised. First time EV owner to be (Delivery window for my R1T w/ MaxPack is Oct to Dec)
My current configuration includes the 750.00 wall charger
I saw this wall charger at Costco and wondered is it possible to save $300.00 with this charger.
I have a lot to learn about the details of charging. I have read others talk about 60 AMP charging which seems really important and advisable. What is the thinking of the mind trust here?
Also note - they are selling a CAT 1750A Lithium Jump starter for $130.00. Is this something worth having.
PXL_20230730_192639852.jpg
Just depends what you want. This one I believe has WiFi? So there's an app to control things? You can do the same stuff from the Rivian app (like adjust amperage), so you're sorta paying a premium stuff you don't really need.

If you're not going to hard wire a 60a breaker type charger like the Rivian wall charger or Tesla J1772 wall charger, I would just go with a Grizzl-E. They are like $350, plugs into the same NEMA 14-50 you'd have to get installed for this charger, and cheaper. But they are "dumb" so you just plug it into your car and do the rest from the car. Plenty of power and simple.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Does anyone have this on a NEMA 14-50 outlet with a GFCI breaker? One of my local electricians told me he stopping installing 14-50 outlets for EVSE because of nuisance tripping. Do people experience tripping often with the Wallbox? I picked one up during the Costco sale and now want to put it to work.

GR

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Does anyone have this on a NEMA 14-50 outlet with a GFCI breaker? One of my local electricians told me he stopping installing 14-50 outlets for EVSE because of nuisance tripping. Do people experience tripping often with the Wallbox? I picked one up during the Costco sale and now want to put it to work.

GR
I'm a licensed electrician. I wouldn't put this on a GFCI breaker.

Dave711

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model YP, Lexus SC430
Clubs

Hello
I am looking to learn and be advised. First time EV owner to be (Delivery window for my R1T w/ MaxPack is Oct to Dec)
My current configuration includes the 750.00 wall charger
I saw this wall charger at Costco and wondered is it possible to save $300.00 with this charger.
I have a lot to learn about the details of charging. I have read others talk about 60 AMP charging which seems really important and advisable. What is the thinking of the mind trust here?
Also note - they are selling a CAT 1750A Lithium Jump starter for $130.00. Is this something worth having.
PXL_20230730_192639852.jpg
I had an unopened $500 Rivian changer and returned it. My wife has a Tesla Y performance. We share a 220 volt outlet. It works fine, no charger. We plug into the wall outlet as needed. I think it charges at about 38 amps which is fine.