First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150 ecoboost
Occupation
Law enforcement
I wish that rivian had just made one trim level (and maybe the launch edition) and just let people choose which options they wanted. Would have made it a lot more custom and you could have paid for whatever was important but not the extra. I have an f150 now that has features I've never used and I've owned it for 3 years.
Sponsored

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I wish that rivian had just made one trim level (and maybe the launch edition) and just let people choose which options they wanted. Would have made it a lot more custom and you could have paid for whatever was important but not the extra. I have an f150 now that has features I've never used and I've owned it for 3 years.
Right on.

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired
So - anyone receive the invitation email yet? Got up early expecting some ā€˜I configuredā€™ messages...
I thought someone in the forum asked customer support when the emails would go out, and was told 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. CST. Maybe I just dreamt that!

Last edited:

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I thought someone in the forum asked customer support when the emails would go out, and was told 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. CT. Maybe I just dreamt that!
That was me. Hoping first thing. Kind of annoying they couldn't do it on Sunday. I've got a stock to watch and a project to wrap up this morning.

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Probably faster for the assembly lines to produce ā€˜batchesā€™ of specific configurations - at least at the beginning.
That was me. Hoping first thing. Kind of annoying they couldn't do it on Sunday. I've got a stock to watch and a project to wrap up this morning.
I think their support center opens at 8am CT, so if they don't want to get bombarded by emails and calls asking them is it up yet, then it makes sense they'll open the configurator before or right when they are starting

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I think their support center opens at 8am CT, so if they don't want to get bombarded by emails and calls asking them is it up yet, then it makes sense they'll open the configurator before or right when they are starting
That is a very good point.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
My strategy is simple, configure the truck with everything that I want, including the kitchen sink. Then I will have the price and delivery window. Once I have that, subtract current Rivian slush fund account balance from the actual price, divide by months remaining to delivery, calculate needed monthly savings to pay cash.

Since I will not be able to get what I want next year, for example 400 miles and removable roof, I will take advantage of the fact I can now avoid financing it. I started my Rivian slush fund money market account the same month of my pre-order.

OP
OP
Pixelshot

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Still no configuration invite.

Iā€™m wondering what exactly is the Purchase Agreement and when that will happen. I presume some time before delivery but how long before delivery? Any guesses? (This is when the configuration will be locked in. How does Tesla do it?)

Jmiller929

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES Mercedes SUV
Has anyone received their email yet?

Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Still no configuration invite.

Iā€™m wondering what exactly is the Purchase Agreement and when that will happen. I presume some time before delivery but how long before delivery? Any guesses? (This is when the configuration will be locked in. How does Tesla do it?)
I would think nobody knows for sure, and even Rivian may have a target with some flexibility still, but based on ordering other new cars in the past, typically it is something that is done pretty late in the process. I've ordered cars through traditional dealers and it wasn't required until the car was actually built and on the dealer's lot. That is also when payment is finalized.

Since you asked for guesses, I would say late Q2 of next year as a starting point. I don't expect to have to actually finalize anything anytime soon.

Jmiller929

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES Mercedes SUV
I thought someone in the forum asked customer support when the emails would go out, and was told 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. CST. Maybe I just dreamt that!
I would think they would not send them all at once, so their website can handle it

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne
I would think they would not send them all at once, so their website can handle it
So who amongst us has the lowest order number? Mine is ~8,000. Have not yet received any email...ā˜¹

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne
Order number 16**.....and no email either. :)
Is that in the 1,600s or 16,000s? If the former then you are a really early adopter...
Sponsored