First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
I would think nobody knows for sure, and even Rivian may have a target with some flexibility still, but based on ordering other new cars in the past, typically it is something that is done pretty late in the process. I've ordered cars through traditional dealers and it wasn't required until the car was actually built and on the dealer's lot. That is also when payment is finalized.

Since you asked for guesses, I would say late Q2 of next year as a starting point. I don't expect to have to actually finalize anything anytime soon.
Good to know. That way I can re-configure stuff as more news comes out (e.g. price for 180 upgrade, specs, etc).

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
Is that in the 1,600s or 16,000s? If the former then you are a really early adopter...
Ordered Nov 27th, 2018...and most likely waiting on the bigger battery pack coming to Canada....so roughly another 2 years from now lol.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
How do you know your preorder number? I order November 27, 2018, so maybe they didnā€™t have numbers back then In their emails?

OP
OP
Pixelshot

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
So who amongst us has the lowest order number? Mine is ~8,000. Have not yet received any email...ā˜¹
I don't know mine (50k?). I pre-ordered two times - one just before they cut off the email trick to see your number, and one other just after. At the time I didn't know if I wanted an SUV or truck.

So, that's one reason I wanted to start this thread - to strategize around how I use the two pre-orders. I will probably configure one 180 (if it lets me) and one 135LE to give me options. I will likely wait for the 180, since that is a priority for me, but want options. The real question is which pre-order I use for the 180 vs the 135 - if I use the lower number for the 135, I may have to get further back in line for the 180. On the other hand it may not matter if I'm able to switch to the 180 later down the road.

Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pixelshot

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
How do you know your preorder number? I order November 27, 2018, so maybe they didnā€™t have numbers back then In their emails?
There used to be a trick to look up your number in the code on the web site. However, they closed that down. I never got mine either. But one thing's for sure - you're ahead of me. :)

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I don't know mine (50k?). I pre-ordered two times - one just before they cut off the email trick to see your number, and one other just after. At the time I didn't know if I wanted an SUV or truck.

So, that's one reason I wanted to start this thread - to strategize around how I use the two pre-orders. I will probably configure one 180 (if it lets me) and one 135LE to give me options. I will likely wait for the 180, since that is a priority for me, but want options. The real question is which pre-order I use for the 180 vs the 135 - if I use the lower number for the 135, I may have to get further back in line for the 180. On the other hand it may not matter if I'm able to switch to the 180 later down the road.

Thanks!
I'm ~50800 and I ordered on Aug 4, so you can get an idea.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have preorder number data up until early August 2020, but that really doesn't matter much now that the configurator goes live TODAY and we should have general timeframes based on our specific configs!

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You should also be in the 1600-1700 range on your "raw" order #, but the numbers started at 1000, so you're 600-700 in line.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This chart reflects adjusted order # (place in line) based on preorder date.

Rivian R1T R1S Configurator Strategy? 1605541270275

OP
OP
Pixelshot

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
I have preorder number data up until early August 2020, but that really doesn't matter much now that the configurator goes live TODAY and we should have general timeframes based on our specific configs!
I would be shocked if they give any sort of timeline.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I would be shocked if they give any sort of timeline.
Why? They've told us many times that the configurator will provide estimated production timing based on the choices you make.

Have you heard differently?
Sponsored