Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Tradein step is done. Insurance is done too. Trying to get financing squared away. Definitely not using Rivian’s financing. Navy FCU is about 3.49%

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Tradein step is done. Insurance is done too. Trying to get financing squared away. Definitely not using Rivian’s financing. Navy FCU is about 3.49%
Out of curiosity, did you check USAA? In the past I've found them fairly similar maybe with a slightly lower rate from NFCU.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Out of curiosity, did you check USAA? In the past I've found them fairly similar maybe with a slightly lower rate from NFCU.
I try to avoid USAA. They haven't exactly been great to many veterans.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Insurance is the only thing I have that might be a "process" since my State Farm agent (Garrett Callaway) is a bit old fashioned. But I am paying cash and selling my Subaru to CarMax (so no trade-in) so I hope everything else is quick.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Man, this purchase process needs a bit of work.
They didn't deduct the trade in value of my Mini from the taxable price of the truck. They also didn't account for the payoff that I still owe on the mini. So right now it looks like I've got a $21510 credit. I'm sure it'll get sorted. My delivery date is on Thursday so there is plenty of time to get it right.

My financing is approved through Navy Federal. I just need to get the check and send in my down payment.

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
How are all of you making progress?!?!? I never even get responses to emails. :angry:

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
Not to rub salt in a wound, but I actually got a guide assigned today and an invite to the R1T shop (although I only get 404 errors so far). I don't understand at all how people are chosen to get their trucks - it seems like you should already have thousands of miles on yours.
The only thing I will say is that I have heard that emails are hopeless and that using the chat is the only reliable way to communicate with Rivian. the few times I have used texts I always get a response.

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Not to rub salt in a wound, but I actually got a guide assigned today and an invite to the R1T shop (although I only get 404 errors so far). I don't understand at all how people are chosen to get their trucks - it seems like you should already have thousands of miles on yours.
The only thing I will say is that I have heard that emails are hopeless and that using the chat is the only reliable way to communicate with Rivian. the few times I have used texts I always get a response.
I tried text for a while, but it would typically take a week to get a response, so recently I have tried email instead. So far, no help. Probably going back to text since that is easier for me.

The only thing that I could think is holding me up are the 20” wheels, which I don’t want to compromise on. But it seems a few of those have popped up in the shop on occasion, so it would be nice if I could at least see it.

Congrats on getting the Shop opened! Hopefully I am not too far behind

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
I tried text for a while, but it would typically take a week to get a response, so recently I have tried email instead. So far, no help. Probably going back to text since that is easier for me.

The only thing that I could think is holding me up are the 20” wheels, which I don’t want to compromise on. But it seems a few of those have popped up in the shop on occasion, so it would be nice if I could at least see it.

Congrats on getting the Shop opened! Hopefully I am not too far behind
Like I said, I wanted the 20" wheels, changed my config to the 21" wheels, got confirmation and shop access, and then found my exact configuration in the shop but with the 20" wheels.

It's a risk however that you get stuck with the 21s.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Colorado Brothers and Sisters,
Any of you have electrician recommendations for installing the Level 2 charger? I’m just north of Broomfield. I’m looking for someone that knows what they’re doing but won’t try to rip me off. I’m having a problem with that 2nd part. One fella wanted $5000.

Bristlecone

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Retired (newspaper reporter)
Clubs

Can't imagine a place better than Colorado for a Rivian. No power loss from altitude? 4 wheel power for the various conditions? Ground clearance for all the trails? Seating for 7, gear in front, gear in back, skis on top? CHECK, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK. Any other Colorado (Denver) pre-orders here?

Newbie here in Denver (reserved on 10/8), but already can't wait!
Golden resident here. January 2022 pre-order so thinking late 2023 if I'm lucky. The R1S will share space in our garage with the Volvo Recharge. The R1S will be our mountain vehicle, taking us to our cabin at 11,500 feet.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Any of you have electrician recommendations for installing the Level 2 charger? I’m just north of Broomfield. I’m looking for someone that knows what they’re doing but won’t try to rip me off. I’m having a problem with that 2nd part. One fella wanted $5000.
I recommend Aaron @ Midway Electric - +17207882310

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
I live in Denver so not sure if my electrician works up in your area or not but worth a try. Adam Grimes has done a couple electrical projects and he's great. I had him set up the hardwire to our detached garage and got everything thing set up. He'll come back to finish the job once I get my R1S and Rivian Charger...of course was hoping that would have happened several months ago. We have solar panels on our garage roof so he can handle it and honest/fair guy. Email is [email protected].

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Thanks for everyone that messaged me on an Electrician. I’ll be getting this set on Monday.
Sponsored