First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR
Occupation
software
My fulfillment status just changed to "SELECTED_FOR_FULFILLMENT" 🎉 I'm guessing I'll be getting the confirm your configuration email later tonight or tomorrow. My guide is Kristyn B, anyone else here have them as a guide?
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I lucked out. I found out one of my neighbors is a semi-retired master electrician. He's been doing level 2 charger installs for a lot of people in my neighborhood. Just had him over to evaluate the install requirements.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Colorado Brothers and Sisters,
Any of you have electrician recommendations for installing the Level 2 charger? I’m just north of Broomfield. I’m looking for someone that knows what they’re doing but won’t try to rip me off. I’m having a problem with that 2nd part. One fella wanted $5000.
We've had good luck with MAC:

O 970.669.2464 p F 970.669.6271

MacElectricCo.com p 1208 Poplar St. Johnstown, CO 80534

Office Hours Monday – Friday 7:30 am- 4:00 pm

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

It won’t matter to most of you, but when you’re going through the buying process, keep an eye on your sales tax rate. I’m in Erie and my zipcode spans both Weld and Boulder county. I live on the Weld county side with a sales tax rate of 6.4%. Rivian has mistakenly charged me the Boulder county rate of 8.485%. It’s a massive difference.

BTW, did you know Boulder county has a 0.1% ‘Cultural District’ sales tax? Now you do.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It won’t matter to most of you, but when you’re going through the buying process, keep an eye on your sales tax rate. I’m in Erie and my zipcode spans both Weld and Boulder county. I live on the Weld county side with a sales tax rate of 6.4%. Rivian has mistakenly charged me the Boulder county rate of 8.485%. It’s a massive difference.

BTW, did you know Boulder county has a 0.1% ‘Cultural District’ sales tax? Now you do.
Born and raised in Boulder County and I love the culture here. It smells way better than Weld County’s “culture”:giggle:

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Born and raised in Boulder County and I love the culture here. It smells way better than Weld County’s “culture”:giggle:
You do have a point. In Erie, we only smell it on the occasional shift in the wind.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
You do have a point. In Erie, we only smell it on the occasional shift in the wind.
Let’s just both be thankful we’re not in Greeley. I love Erie and especially the Old Mine!

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

we're so close, soooooo close to getting the taxes fixed... :CWL: :CWL: :CWL:

I found out that Rivian uses Plaid for ACH transfers. My CU does that too so at least I know I can get my down payment to them. It's look fairly good that I'll take delivery on Thursday.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
we're so close, soooooo close to getting the taxes fixed... :CWL: :CWL: :CWL:

I found out that Rivian uses Plaid for ACH transfers. My CU does that too so at least I know I can get my down payment to them. It's look fairly good that I'll take delivery on Thursday.

electricRaptor

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
I lucked out. I found out one of my neighbors is a semi-retired master electrician. He's been doing level 2 charger installs for a lot of people in my neighborhood. Just had him over to evaluate the install requirements.
If your guy is looking for an additional customer, I may be ready soon. Received my build confirmation email this morning, started the 8-step process about 2 hours ago! I live in East Central Westminster, right on Hyland Greens, so we'll have to meet up sometime.

I also just applied for the Xcel EV Charge at Home Program. $13.29/mo and a $50 credit per year is effectively $9.12/mo for the L2 charger. Plus the $500 install rebate *should* help, assuming I find an electrician that qualifies (maybe your neighbor qualifies as part of the rebate).

As far as my 8-step in the past 120 mins:
  • 01 - title/reg: complete
  • 02 - trade-in: pending review (prelim Rivian offer is way better than carvana/vroom, only $600 less than carmax, likely will just take Rivian's)
  • 03 - financing: TBD/locked (may try Navy FCU if eligible per your previous quote)
  • 04 - insurance: likely going with AmFam since quote was only $120 more but bundled and a local team
  • 05-07: TBD/locked
  • 08 - delivery: TBD/locked

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
@electricRaptor - check my post for Aaron at Midway Electric. Based on your description he lives in your neighborhood.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Picked my truck up this morning in Denver. I definitely tested it's rain performance today.

Everything has exceeded my expectation so far. Can't wait to get more miles.

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In IMG_5497

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In IMG_5499

electricRaptor

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
My fulfillment status just changed to "SELECTED_FOR_FULFILLMENT" 🎉 I'm guessing I'll be getting the confirm your configuration email later tonight or tomorrow. My guide is Kristyn B, anyone else here have them as a guide?
I just had my guide assigned this morning, same person, Kristyn B.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

All the tax stuff is sorted. I just need to go to the Credit Union tomorrow and grab the check. After I upload a photo of the check, I can sign the paperwork, make my down payment, and take delivery..
Honestly, Rivian needs to work on the process a bit more. It's genuinely easier to do this at many dealerships. Also, I think the financial numbers could use a bit more transparency.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Kristyn is my guide as well. She has been good, always answered my questions to the best of her knowledge.
I just had my guide assigned this morning, same person, Kristyn B.
Sponsored