Cheap Spare Tire for R1T?

Santa Cruz Rivian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I have an idea and would like you all to tell me why it wouldn't work. I am considering going down to the local used tire shop and asking to put a tire on a rim that is the same size as the stock setup. I do not like the prospect of offroading without a spare, but don't see the value in buying a nice wheel and tire setup for it to just live under the bed. Thoughts?
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

There is a specific dodge rim that works. If you search in through the appropriate subforum you should find some ideas.

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
...a rim that is the same size as the stock setup...
The hardest part will be finding an offset that matches on a rim. Rivian uses a +48 offset, and there are few (none?) non-rivian-specific aftermarket wheels with that offset. You'll also want to ensure that any rim you get clears everything appropriately. Even some 20" wheels won't work, as if the spokes are too thick, you'll have clearance issues with your brake calipers...

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

Somewhere on this forum is a link to a steel spare made for Rivian. Made by Modern-something.

Sponsored

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Somewhere on this forum is a link to a steel spare made for Rivian. Made by Modern-something.
Modern Spare, but someone looked and the Rim was stamped with a 800kg load limit, which is below the safe limit for our vehicle...

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

Modern Spare, but someone looked and the Rim was stamped with a 800kg load limit, which is below the safe limit for our vehicle...
got it. I never looked close cause I have a OEM spare…but good callout!

OP
OP
Santa Cruz Rivian

Santa Cruz Rivian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Looks like a lot of people are using the 2363 as winter rims. I think it would suffice as spare long enough to get to a tire shop. Thoughts?
*Sorry for creating a duplicate thread.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
You’d be just fine using that RAM wheel as your spare. Some completely replaced their Rivian wheels with them.

I got one of the +48mm truck wheels on Tirerack that fits the Rivian for $310 and I plan to just get a cheap AT tire mounted to it from Discount Tire. So all in it will be under $600.
Sponsored