Sponsored

Changing color after confirming configuration????

jagged

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

She is so correct! Should have listened :-(
I switched from El Cap to Launch Green after the photos from @DuckTruck, but every time I see more photos of El Cap I feel like I might want to switch back.

Good luck making a decision :D
Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
I switched from El Cap to Launch Green after the photos from @DuckTruck, but every time I see more photos of El Cap I feel like I might want to switch back.

Good luck making a decision :D
All I can say is that I have added and removed that camp kitchen so many times now, I don't even know if I have currently configured. My head tells me it will sit in the garage most of the time, but my heart is in love with it.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
I was going from El Cap to Launch Green - really liked the way the Launch green looks in the photos compared to the configurator renditions.
I thought the window for selecting Launch Green closed after a week. Did I misunderstand that?

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I thought the window for selecting Launch Green closed after a week. Did I misunderstand that?
The window for ordering a Launch Edition (trim) was limited. Any Launch Edition may be configured to be Launch Green (optional color). Launch Green is only available on Launch Edition vehicles.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

All I can say is that I have added and removed that camp kitchen so many times now, I don't even know if I have currently configured. My head tells me it will sit in the garage most of the time, but my heart is in love with it.
I don't even want a truck, I want the R1S, but I considered the R1T just for that kitchen I would use maybe 1 to 2x a year. So I hear your pain. Logic won out for me. R1S on preorder. I figure I can just buy a plug in induction burner to bring with me :)

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
@windrider FWIW with any other car I’ve ever ordered colour could be changed up until it was actually starting production.

if you have a chance to get launch green get it. Not like you’ll be able to order another in that colour again.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

@windrider FWIW with any other car I’ve ever ordered colour could be changed up until it was actually starting production.

if you have a chance to get launch green get it. Not like you’ll be able to order another in that colour again.
As posted in a few other threads out there, @crashmtb hits on one of my reasons for going with LG for the exterior. Exclusivity is a factor for me, albeit a somewhat minor one. I also think LG/FE will hide dust, dirt, and mud better than the rest.

Another reason is laid out in my response to a comment from @Speedrye imploring everyone to get what they want. Like the rest of you, I have specific reasons/rationales for what I want and I hope everyone finds something that works best for them. I'm sure the selection process might be different for households where more than one vote exists, but hopefully, everyone's happy with the outcome.

From a recent Forest Edge thread:
"Speedrye said:
I'm vertically-challenged enough so that I can't see much of my hood while driving, so I'll never really see the two colors at the same time, haha. If I'm in the truck, I'll get the color I want in there, and if I've got the lawn chair set up in the garage as I lovingly carress the awesomeness that is my R1S, I'll only see the exterior. Screw everyone else, I'll get what I want.
DuckTruck said:
One of the reasons I'm even more Gung-Ho than ever on Launch Green with Forest Edge is that from the front seat while driving in the wild, I'd prefer neutral colors that match my surroundings.

I'd rather the visible surfaces of the truck blend in and that I not see sheet metal and interior bits that create a heavy contrast to the scenery outside the windows. On the coastal side of the PNW, those surroundings tend to be various shades of green.

I love all of the colors and interior options, and also encourage everyone to get what works for them. There are numerous combinations that are outstanding and I'm glad I've found the one that works for me. I hope everyone finds a combo that they love as much as I love mine."

Good luck, everyone!