Sponsored

Carice handbuilt electric sports car

wrightwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar, R1T
I know this is basically the antithesis of the Rivian, but I kinda want one.
  • 1300 lbs
  • 56 hp
  • 31.5 kwh battery
  • 186 mile range
  • low tech / no screens - just switches and dials
  • estimated price is about $47,000
Practical? No. But seems like a fun throwback runabout to have in the stable.

https://www.caricecars.com/

Rivian R1T R1S Carice handbuilt electric sports car CariceTC2_exterior_front_quarter_sq_Ws2
Sponsored

Last edited:

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Thatā€™s really awesome.

I had started a conversion on an old Austin 3000gt clone, but once I started really planning it out the costs became so crazy that I ended up ordering the Rivian. Ultimately would have been the same price, and the Rivian has a warranty and would likely not kill me.

Iā€™m going to contact these guys for a quote. I would -love- an around-town drop-top cruiser thatā€™s as analog as you can get without having a manual transmission and ICE.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
delayed post... (had to get my rez deposit in before letting everyone know)

Dear Carice TC2 enthusiast,

At Carice Cars we strive to continuously meet the needs and wishes of our customers.

Lately our inbox has been filling up with the question: ā€˜ā€™Can you import the Carice TC2 to the USA?ā€™ā€™

We want to let you know that we take this topic seriously and that we are currently expanding our horizons. Exporting the TC2 to distant countries is a complex process that requires time and financial investment, but we are working hard to make this possible.

We need your help to make this dream come true. If you have already decided that you want to order a Carice TC2 based on the material you have seen remotely, you now have the option to reserve your very own car in the next production series.

You can reserve your TC2 by paying ā‚¬1000 deposit following the instructions in the attached document. This deposit will be refunded if the cars are not delivered to the USA, for some unforeseen reason.

Your support and enthusiasm will help us take the necessary steps to make the lightweight and elegant Carice TC2 available worldwide.

It is impossible to say exactly at this stage how long it will take before the first cars can be delivered to the USA However, the first reservations can help to speed up this process. This way you can ensure that you are one of the first to receive a Carice TC2 in the USA and experience driving in the purest form!

R1TCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW R1150 GSA
Thatā€™s really awesome.
ā€¦
I would -love- an around-town drop-top cruiser thatā€™s as analog as you can get without having a manual transmission and ICE.
This! Iā€™ve been eyeballing old classics that are convertible and would be a good donor vehicle for an around town drop top electric conversion.

How fast will 56hp get up to at 1300lbs?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That is a cool little car at a great price.
Sponsored