Sponsored

Canadian delivery timeframe

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
No email for me: R1T Max

Not surprising. Maybe time to short the stock before these delays spread to the media?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Not surprising. Maybe time to short the stock before these delays spread to the media?
Emails appear tp have gone to LE reservations only.
said end of year update for non-LE.

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Emails appear tp have gone to LE reservations only.
said end of year update for non-LE.
Yes, but there is no way for him to know that. As another member pointed out: Telling group A (LE reservations holders) information destined for group B (Non LE reservation holders) in a message solely sent to group A is how communications are done in Bizarroworld.

The thing is... I can't even get that upset on this new 8 to 10 month delay for Canadians (I have yet to see anyone with a date before July - including R1Ts) as anyway, I still have such limited information on the R1S's interior usability I don't even know if it would work for me.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, but there is no way for him to know that. As another member pointed out: Telling group A (LE reservations holders) information destined for group B (Non LE reservation holders) in a message solely sent to group A is how communications are done in Bizarroworld.

The thing is... I can't even get that upset on this new 8 to 10 month delay for Canadians (I have yet to see anyone with a date before July - including R1Ts) as anyway, I still have such limited information on the R1S's interior usability I don't even know if it would work for me.
The only reason I know is because of the other thread on this forum. ?

Sponsored

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I'm fortunate to be in the position of "I want it" rather than "I need it". Opens a lot of options like the Taycan Cross Turismo deposit I have. Coincidentally my dealer has zero allocation and a minimum 7-8 month wait LOL. Looks like I'll need the patience of a Saint to get anything.

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
Nov 2018 preorder in Vancouver. Received the email that says delivery window of July - Sept 2022.

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Nov 2018 preorder in Vancouver. Received the email that says delivery window of July - Sept 2022.
R1T right? Seems to confirm no deliveries in Canada before July.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

I doubt the media will know there is a delay unless they visit these forums. Some of the EV/Tech sites are reporting R1S delays but does not look like any one is running with it for now.

Also, from Rivian's perspective there are no delays because all they have to do is meet their S1 targets (1000 R1T + 15 R1S), which I would imagine they can meet by delivering to their employees. Which is what they are focusing on right now.

Sponsored

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
I doubt the media will know there is a delay unless they visit these forums. Some of the EV/Tech sites are reporting R1S delays but does not look like any one is running with it for now.
I'm sure the timing of the emails right before the American Thanksgivings long weekend was very intentional.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I'm sure the timing of the emails right before the American Thanksgivings long weekend was very intentional.
Yes. Probably because they had promised LE holders that they would communicate delivery timing by Thanksgiving. Granted they have no problems breaking their previous promises to us (repeatedly). But in this case - they mostly did what they said they would. Originally they said we would be contacted by our guide by Thanksgiving. But at least we got the delivery windows.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Guessing there are a fairly small number of canadian orders, of all models. Bet they’re anticipating running them all out by Q3.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Guessing there are a fairly small number of canadian orders, of all models. Bet they’re anticipating running them all out by Q3.
Yeah this is what I am hoping too. That the volume is low enough, they can kinda knock off the deliveries in a span of 2 quarters.

TeslaDom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD; 2018 BMW X3
Occupation
Sales
While they are delivering to Canada why not knock off a few R1S non-LE models??!! Come on!!
It's looking like mid 2023 for mine I would think
Sponsored