Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
There is storage space all over the place, beginning up front in the large frunk that includes a 12-volt outlet and a drain plug.
Alas....no 12-volt outlet in my R1S front trunk. This is what happens when Rivian gives review units that are not the same as what is being built currently. Like the mention of the "Meridian" audio system which is also gone from any unit that will be delivered to Canadians from now on.

Another nit on the review. They didn't mention that the wheel/tire choice will impact range. Pictures showed an R1S with AT tires. But range "for their tester" was quoted as 527KM which is with 21 road tires IIRC.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Alas....no 12-volt outlet in my R1S front trunk. This is what happens when Rivian gives review units that are not the same as what is being built currently. Like the mention of the "Meridian" audio system which is also gone from any unit that will be delivered to Canadians from now on.

Another nit on the review. They didn't mention that the wheel/tire choice will impact range. Pictures showed an R1S with AT tires. But range "for their tester" was quoted as 527KM which is with 21 road tires IIRC.
Its Postmedia, don't expect quality journalism, especially on EVs.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Thanks. Thats too bad. They should have told reservation holders first.
The only way to find out information from Rivian is by monitoring third party sources. I’m amazed they told a “big” outlet this information instead of a blog or YouTube channel.

LoneI2anger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Happy Canadian delivery update week! I know theres an ongoing thread but just keeping the focus back on us as I feel estimates are obviously much more accurate down there.

July-September 2023 Changed to "Processing Update" today! Let's see what happens! 🤞

Wolffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS SVR
I contacted Customer Service to try and get better idea of a target delivery date and the best they could do was to say sometime in 2024. I haven’t even been asked for my configuration(reservation Oct 22), so I guess they are being vague because I am so far behind in the cue.

Wolffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS SVR
I asked when a demo drive might be available and was informed that it is dependent on the service centre being open. And of course, they will not provide an estimate when the service centre will be open.

Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
My estimate got tightened for January - March 2024

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
New estimate here in Victoria, BC. Very early max pack R1T preorder: Aug-Sept 2023

Last edited:

hroussel

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3 perf, (R1T DMP reserved)
Processing estimate, and it will remain like that until the "next scheduled refresh in July" (as per the email wording).

Looks like Rivian still has no plans for opening a service center in my province.

At this rate my reservations for the Silverado EV and Fisker Ocean might arrive first.

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Just got my e-mail, no change, still oct-dec ‘23 for me in Montreal.
Sponsored