First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LA Silver on order... delivery Oct-Dec '23
New estimate here in Victoria, BC. Very early max pack preorder: Aug-Sept 2023
R1S or R1T?
That's reassuring. I'm also in Victoria, my R1S is still Oct-Dec 2023 and I ordered in October 2021.
Sponsored

Tomanik

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
IT
So moved from Jan-Jun 24 to Apr-Jun 24., calgary R1S

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
I'm a late 2020 preorder, and Oct-Dec 2023.
TBH that's exactly when I anticipated delivery to be - assuming that it does not change.

Would I like the R1T sooner, yeah, but the dual motor and maxpack will be another iteration. Hoping if there are little technical issues that those will be all worked out by then. Plus should have a tonneau cover as well.

After having a wonderful R1T forum member letting me take his for a drive last week, I am incredibly stoked about getting one. Can't come soon enough :)

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Sierra 2500, 2012 Chevy Volt.
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Still "processing estimate" up here in Northern Ontario. Too far from Toronto, I suspect.

At this rate, I should expect my R1S in 2027... which would give me a year before my eldest daughter starts driving :surprised:

Sponsored

DarcyL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2020 MINI SE
Clubs

Very disappointing news for me. April 2019 R1S preorder. Went from an April/May estimate to a June/July estimate. It was almost here! Almost.

My guess is that my configuration has caused the delay - RC with OC.

GRC

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
still figuring it out
Clubs

Ontario (GTA) R1S Large pack quad motor order here with an updated (earlier) delivery window of Apr-Jun 2024 so excited about that (previously it was before Dec 24)

LoneI2anger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Tightened timeline from July-Sept 2023 to Aug-Sept 2023 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
I just booked a test drive with Rivian, and it sounds like I can move up substantially if I choose a quad motor/large over the Dual/maxpack. More difficult choice now that I have driven one but will think it over

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just booked a test drive with Rivian, and it sounds like I can move up substantially if I choose a quad motor/large over the Dual/maxpack. More difficult choice now that I have driven one but will think it over
FWIW, I've been very happy with the quad/large though if all else was equal a dual/max would have been my preference on paper. Have a done a couple of mini road trips and my range anxiety disappeared pretty quickly with a few mins of planning prep (this is my first EV). I'm definitely not impressed with the state of public charging (one stop in Merritt it was my 6th charger and 3rd network I tried that worked properly! Fortunately it was mid weekday and not a Friday evening of a long weekend)

Sponsored

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
FWIW, I've been very happy with the quad/large though if all else was equal a dual/max would have been my preference on paper. Have a done a couple of mini road trips and my range anxiety disappeared pretty quickly with a few mins of planning prep (this is my first EV). I'm definitely not impressed with the state of public charging (one stop in Merritt it was my 6th charger and 3rd network I tried that worked properly! Fortunately it was mid weekday and not a Friday evening of a long weekend)
Yeah I am thinking with many non-Tesla networked vehicles coming online, to start a letter writing campaign to the government to lobby for comprehensive charging on highway routes.

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Sierra 2500, 2012 Chevy Volt.
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

For those of you who were worried about their deliveries because they are living too far from the Toronto Service Centre, here is a response I got from Rivian yesterday:

"Thank you for reaching out to Rivian and I apologize for the delay in response! We have had a lot of big updates coming out in the past few weeks and are getting caught up.

You are correct that your delivery window is still processing because we are building the service infrastructure in your area. We do not have a maximum distance away from the service center we deliver as we will have a mobile fleet that will come to you for most repairs however, we are still in the process of getting the mobile fleet going as well. When the Toronto service center is up and running, we should have a better idea of what area we can cover and be able to give delivery estimates."

This essentially confirms that they are taking a page out of the Tesla playbook with the launching of a mobile fleet.

I do fear there might be limitations as to the distances they'll cover, and that I might get cut off given the fact I live in Kapuskasing up on Hwy 11 and not 17.

Wolffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS SVR
So many questions and potential concerns about the mobile fleet. Will they have the ability to provide prompt responsive service or is it a case of booking weeks away? Will they leave a loaner for the customer to use if the vehicle can’t be fixed? Will the loaner be a Rivian or some crappy rental?

Last edited:

techm0logy

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model Y
For those of you who were worried about their deliveries because they are living too far from the Toronto Service Centre, here is a response I got from Rivian yesterday:

"Thank you for reaching out to Rivian and I apologize for the delay in response! We have had a lot of big updates coming out in the past few weeks and are getting caught up.

You are correct that your delivery window is still processing because we are building the service infrastructure in your area. We do not have a maximum distance away from the service center we deliver as we will have a mobile fleet that will come to you for most repairs however, we are still in the process of getting the mobile fleet going as well. When the Toronto service center is up and running, we should have a better idea of what area we can cover and be able to give delivery estimates."

This essentially confirms that they are taking a page out of the Tesla playbook with the launching of a mobile fleet.

I do fear there might be limitations as to the distances they'll cover, and that I might get cut off given the fact I live in Kapuskasing up on Hwy 11 and not 17.
@crashmtb

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
The R1 Shop has opened to BC residents with preorders
Sponsored