First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
On a side note. Does the flashlight in the door hold charge or have a display etc.?
There is information in the manual under Rivian Torch. It says the light flashes 3 times if low. It also indicates to turn it on before putting it in the door, if it is charging correctly it should turn off.
Sponsored

Inthedmv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Launch Green R1T
A few weeks ago I had a similar issue. Speaker was almost dead. Was giving off warning tones that it was low. Didn’t know what it was at first and then found it was the camp speaker.
I don’t know if was still charging after other updates.
How long should we expect the speaker to last? I used it when I took my 3-day old truck to the beach yesterday. it lasted 1-2 hours. Not exactly sure when it died, but it seems like it should last much longer…

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

How long should we expect the speaker to last? I used it when I took my 3-day old truck to the beach yesterday. it lasted 1-2 hours. Not exactly sure when it died, but it seems like it should last much longer…
I haven’t used it long enough to know from my end. Volume would have an impact, was it cranked? Also possible the speaker wasn’t fully charged

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
Had a similar issue. I used the speaker till battery was dead and then realized it wasn't charging after that. Docking would result in hit and miss detection/charging, and a frequent message telling me to remove and redock the speaker, which never consistently worked. Contacts looked fine; I even wiped with a cloth. It wasn't until I added a little alcohol to that cloth that it was then completely resolved.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model-Y, VW GTI, Holden Commodore (Chevy SS)
Occupation
Engineer, Business Owner, Sales Guy
Same issues with my camp speaker. Seems to turn on and off while docked and the truck is locked.

I reset the speaker to factory default which unpaired it. If I go into my Bluetooth settings and scan for new devices I can see the Camp Speaker as a device to pair with. That means it’s sitting powered on in the truck all the time.

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I pulled out my speaker this morning to use it while I washed the truck and it was dead. I am thinking the thing stays powered on in the truck as well. Perhaps it has no auto shut off after idle for x period of time? Charging by USB-C currently to get it up!

Anyone else figure out anything revealing with the speaker and keeping it charged?

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Same here. Pulled it out and it was dead. As of today, this thing pretty much sucks. Hopefully they fix it.

Has anyone logged a service request for this?

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Today's experience...I rebooted my phone and after it came back up realized it was connected to "Rivian Camp Speaker" on bluetooth. Mind you, truck has been parked all morning...have not been in it the last 4hrs. Pulled the speaker out and turned it off. Going to tinker with it once I get my 2pm conf call going :movember:

Definitely confirms the speaker has been turning on or just staying on all the time in the truck.

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
Did anyone follow the directions in the manual...?

It says to remove the speaker and fully charge it before first use.

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Speaker not Charging 1656774216273

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

1656774216273.png
Interesting... why is it not charging while it is already in its dock where it is always stored?

Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer

I ended up doing this, because the speaker was dead the first time I pulled it out. Took it to a 110V usb charger to make sure it worked. Sometimes when I walk by my truck in the garage, or pass by my garage when outside wearing bluetooth headphones, my phone switches from outputting to the headphones to the camp speaker. Quite annoying....... Happens sporadically, not all the time.

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
So... my camp speaker battery percentage was not showing on the center display. I removed it from the truck and based on the lights it was <70% charged. I plugged it into my Pixel USB-C charger and left it for a few hours until the white light above the USB-C port was glowing solid white. I took it back out to the truck and popped it back into place and the battery % showed in the center display at 100%.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Took my camp speaker out of the truck for the first time in weeks. Battery was dead. I charged it with USB-C power and it works. However, when putting it back in the truck, I get this error message —see attached photo.

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Speaker not Charging 744A13B9-32C9-466F-BA10-EA525E5CBA63

BHWhite

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Audi Q7
Occupation
Small Business Owner
I just noticed that my speaker will charge but stops at 78/79%. I took it out yesterday and charged it with a USB-C cable for 6 hours and it never stopped blinking so I suspected that it did not reach full charge. Anyway, I ended up putting it back into the truck this morning and it showed 74% so I think it never charged at all with the cable and dropped 5% overnight in standby (which is just an observation and expected). I’ve done the soft reset and factory reset to no avail. Anyone have ideas or will this be ANOTHER service request?
Ditto this ^

BHWhite

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Audi Q7
Occupation
Small Business Owner

1656774216273.png
Yes, I did this but it still doesn’t change past 75%
Sponsored