Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Clean up on aisle 9! Pretty sure tossing that water on the floor is some sort of OSHA violation.
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Clean up on aisle 9! Pretty sure tossing that water on the floor is some sort of OSHA violation.
That's a fishes home! So much for eco friendly!

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Personally, I loved this video. I had originally had the kitchen in my build and removed it. Now I'm back to thinking it may be worth it. My initial concern was that it had to come out as one big piece, which would have made storage a pain. Seeing its modular and comes out in 3 pieces, is pretty awesome engineering. Plus, the gear shuttle could have all types of functionality. Beer pong, work bench, table at the gun range......

olav

First Name
Olav #1645
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Probably would be better if it could slide all the way out and rotate a bit to clear the door. The gear tunnel lid could have been used as support or something. Cool idea but not well executed.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Green Truck in background has standard 21s with inserts removed. they don't look bad at all.
I agree. Eager to find out EPA rating difference between the AT and Road tires. Also want to know the difference in the drive. I really want a smooth ride. Right now I have the AT configured.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I will note, I was super impressed by the level of thought they put into it. The T-Slides/Locks and modular design is more than I was expecting and helps alievate some worries I had around storage (one of the reasons I didn't opt for it).

I'm now second guessing not adding it on (since the Tax Credits/Incentive increases were not infrastructure bill that may or may not yet be passed, that hard limit of $80k is kind of out the window for me).

Side note, I'm also curious about the range impact based on the tire selection. I initially went with the offroaders because the 21's are a super weird size and it maybe a giant pain to replace them (as Commodore calls out), but I'm also not keen on a 30-60 mile loss of range (which, as I have the 22's on my X, I can attest to the loss when I move off my winter rims and tires (which are 20's).

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Probably would be better if it could slide all the way out and rotate a bit to clear the door. The gear tunnel lid could have been used as support or something. Cool idea but not well executed.
Just close the sink module or get everything out of the backseat that you need before you set up the sink module...I am sure to a certain extent that the door acts as a support for the Shuttle

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
I will note, I was super impressed by the level of thought they put into it. The T-Slides/Locks and modular design is more than I was expecting and helps alievate some worries I had around storage (one of the reasons I didn't opt for it).

I'm now second guessing not adding it on (since the Tax Credits/Incentive increases were not infrastructure bill that may or may not yet be passed, that hard limit of $80k is kind of out the window for me).

Side note, I'm also curious about the range impact based on the tire selection. I initially went with the offroaders because the 21's are a super weird size and it maybe a giant pain to replace them (as Commodore calls out), but I'm also not keen on a 30-60 mile loss of range (which, as I have the 22's on my X, I can attest to the loss when I move off my winter rims and tires (which are 20's).
You think we will lose 30-60 miles with the AT wheels? I will switch to the 21s if there is any substantial loss.

Sponsored

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner

olav

First Name
Olav #1645
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Just close the sink module or get everything out of the backseat that you need before you set up the sink module...I am sure to a certain extent that the door acts as a support for the Shuttle
Time will tell…

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

OK, that's pretty cool.

One question I have. What if a young kiddo is in the back seat and decides to open the door? Or, does the door automatically lock when the camp-kitchen is deployed?
This is how Rivian addressed it in a Twitter comment :
"You can cook without worry, using the interior door locks will prevent any interruptions to cooking your masterpiece!"

So, no there won't be any automatic protection.
Sponsored