First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Dammit Rivian! They got me. Just added the gear shuttle. I actually hope they stop adding videos and giving out information. Every time they do I add more to my order. I'm such a sucker...
Haha agreed. This video was better than all the other reveals they had (exterior/interior). That's all we want. Simple videos about the vehicle.
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Lovely stuff, but the library quiet factory sure doesn't literally sound like an active thriving production operation. The 'vib' seems to be development wrap-up mode.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I think it only takes 90secs to come to a boil on induction stove tops, so I donā€™t think it will be there long?
Oh I have no doubt it is far superior to gas or any other cook top methods. I've been cooking with induction for well over 4 years now and absolutely love it! But, it would have been a neat little feature to have had that special kettle drawer too. Just sayin'. If I needed a outdoor kitchen along these lines, I wouldn't hesitate to get this one. It looks great!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Green Truck in background has standard 21s with inserts removed. they don't look bad at all.
Nice catch!

They look WAY better without the covers. If only they didn't use such a funky tire size that will likely be hard to find and expensive.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Lovely stuff, but the library quiet factory sure doesn't literally sound like an active thriving production operation. The 'vib' seems to be development wrap-up mode.
It looked more like their CA place than the factory.

Sponsored

Driveout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
This lends credence to my somewhat blind faith regarding Rivian Engineering. The components being modular are a great idea for easier removal and storage. I like the dual t-slot they attach to the shuttle with for secure use. Rachel seems genuinely proud of her teams accomplishment. RJ did mention other future components for the shuttle. Patience grasshopper...

theorracle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Good to hear a confirmation on the string lighting (as shown in the configuration renders).

A minor thing, but for half a second I thought the lighting option would be the crappy white lantern thing the had the bottom right drawerā€¦

But I think they were just trying to give the gist of what the contents/layout are in the drawers, not the production version. Guessing they showed off a testing version thatā€™s 90% there.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
This lends credence to my somewhat blind faith regarding Rivian Engineering. The components being modular are a great idea for easier removal and storage. I like the dual t-slot they attach to the shuttle with for secure use. Rachel seems genuinely proud of her teams accomplishment. RJ did mention other future components for the shuttle. Patience grasshopper...
But she didn't remove the 3rd piece, probably because it is heavy, filled with 5 gallons of water

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This video, Iā€™m sure, was filmed in their Irvine engineer building. This is definitely not the production facility in Normal

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne
ā€¦ That being said, I still canā€™t see myself dropping $5k on it for the amount I would use it. Not to mention dealing with storing it when I want the gear tunnel space for other things.
My Rivian Guide made a comment that the Camp Kitchen comes with storage bags to protect the components when you need the gear tunnel for other purposes.

Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I agree this thing is super cool, and this was a great video from Rivian! Hopefully they keep it up with regular content like this on various features of the truck. Maybe even a peak at launch green <hint>!

That being said, I still canā€™t see myself dropping $5k on it for the amount I would use it. Not to mention dealing with storing it when I want the gear tunnel space for other things.

Great job Rivian on a cool and well designed accessory, and even more kudos on the comms! Keep it up!
Greg, you should wait until the ā€œCamp Kitchen Smokerā€ comes out where you drive around all day not rolling coal, but ā€œRolling Woodā€ā€¦the Tomahawk Chop will taste better than induction anyway!

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Greg, you should wait until the ā€œCamp Kitchen Smokerā€ comes out where you drive around all day not rolling coal, but ā€œRolling Woodā€ā€¦the Tomahawk Chop will taste better than induction anyway!
I had an electric smoker once (actually still have it but only use it to make jerky now). Youā€™re not gonna do a reverse sear on an electric smoker! ?? ?