First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
And putting me on record does what exactly? the point was that the conversation that the kitchen is why there is another delay is something I disagree with.
Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
The harm is that haven't delivered on other items. It was a mindful decision by management to spend resources on the camp kitchen rather than on something else. I find it hard to believe that the engineers and designers of the camp kitchen couldn't have been working on something else. And hard to believe that the salaries of those people couldn't have been allocated to say the salary of a programmer designing an app that we are supposed to have.
I do agree, although I think the Camp Kitchen is a cool idea, I would rather have had those resources put into the 180 degree tailgate that they gave up on pretty quickly.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I do agree, although I think the Camp Kitchen is a cool idea, I would rather have had those resources put into the 180 degree tailgate that they gave up on pretty quickly.
I saw that tailgate and all I saw was $$$ and headaches. From the design/production side.

sometimes the KISS principle wins out.

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
If they decided against it then it wasn't due to a lack of resources. It's a well-capitalized startup and I'm confident that they have as many engineers/designers as they need to handle every aspect of vehicle design and manufacture. There are an enormous number of moving parts at play here.

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
The old “nine women can’t have a baby in one month” analogy ?
You'll never know if you don't try! ?

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
The old “nine women can’t have a baby in one month” analogy ?
I was on a project years ago that was behind schedule on terminating wiring in control panels. THe PM did some math related to how many terminations an electrician could do per hour. He demanded 25 additional electricians from the contractor. They showed up, and had 6 electricians per 72" x 84" control panel enclosure. PM was fired a week later.

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
I was on a project years ago that was behind schedule on terminating wiring in control panels. THe PM did some math related to how many terminations an electrician could do per hour. He demanded 25 additional electricians from the contractor. They showed up, and had 6 electricians per 72" x 84" control panel enclosure. PM was fired a week later.
Pretty sure I worked for that guy a few decades back.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
The harm is that haven't delivered on other items. It was a mindful decision by management to spend resources on the camp kitchen rather than on something else. I find it hard to believe that the engineers and designers of the camp kitchen couldn't have been working on something else. And hard to believe that the salaries of those people couldn't have been allocated to say the salary of a programmer designing an app that we are supposed to have.
Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Frustrations? Anyone else? 1626750219355

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I find it hard to believe that the engineers and designers of the camp kitchen couldn't have been working on something else. And hard to believe that the salaries of those people couldn't have been allocated to say the salary of a programmer designing an app that we are supposed to have.
Kitchen creative designers don't build factories, design EV inverters or program production line robots or infotainment systems. Take a look at Rivian's help wanted web site. You'll see the job descriptions - over 1000 funded engineering jobs open. It's not an issue of salary allocation. It's an issue of finding and hiring qualified people with the vertical knowledge and skill set.
Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Frustrations? Anyone else? 1626750501578

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Kitchen creative designers don't build factories, design EV inverters or program production line robots or infotainment systems. Take a look at Rivian's help wanted web site. You'll see the job descriptions - over 1000 funded engineering jobs open. It's not an issue of salary allocation. It's an issue of finding and hiring qualified people with the vertical knowledge and skill set.
1626750501578.png
worth noting the person who lead the design of the kitchen is an ME, probably working on all sorts of other things.

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
worth noting the person who lead the design of the kitchen is an ME, probably working on all sorts of other things.
Rachel Jewkes is the lead engineer on the kitchen/gear tunnel project. She previously worked on the iPace at Jaguar and also worked on the now-abandoned Dyson electric car.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Rachel Jewkes is the lead engineer on the kitchen/gear tunnel project. She previously worked on the iPace at Jaguar and also worked on the now-abandoned Dyson electric car.
Wonder if we’ll get a vacuum accessory for the gear tunnel as well? ?

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Wonder if we’ll get a vacuum accessory for the gear tunnel as well? ?
Funny. Sort of explains the pricing structure for the kitchen. The Dyson car project was scrapped because they projected the break-even cost of the vehicle as-designed to be over $180,000. The Rivian looks like a good value by comparison.

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
And hard to believe that the salaries of those people couldn't have been allocated to say the salary of a programmer designing an app that we are supposed to have.
You sir, are completely clueless. This comment made me laugh though.
Sponsored