Sponsored

"By the end of May" communication

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Regardless, there's been a few CS folks that have indicated that delivery updates would be coming soon (although in some sort of rolling fashion) so hopefully that's accurate.
Even that appears to be muddled as the timing seems to vary from person to person with some saying they will start going out this week and some saying they will start going out next week.

I guess it shouldn't be surprising that Rivian had internal communications problems considering how poorly their external communications are. It would be more surprising at this point if their internal communications weren't dysfunctional.
Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
If they wanted to be accurate they should have included a picture of a dead Rivian being loaded on a flat bed due to the 12v batteries dying :)
Ouch! Accurate, but Ouch! :p

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
FWIW... chat just now...
🤣 😆😀 Sorry, not shooting the messenger, but that's BS if you carefully read the April 25th email.

If those (only OC preorders) were actually the intended audience of the email, the person/team who wrote it needs help and much better supervision to do their job correctly.

Here's the exact relevant excerpt from the April 25th email,

"For preorder holders with a delivery window in 2022, we will be reaching out in late May to gauge your preferences and help further inform our build combinations. If you’re flexible on certain options, you may be able to take delivery sooner. If you love your original configuration and prefer to stick with it, then no action is required on your part — we’ll simply continue to update you on your estimated delivery timing."

This has nothing to do with OC.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
If they wanted to be accurate they should have included a picture of a dead Rivian being loaded on a flat bed due to the 12v batteries dying :)
Ha, ha! I figured the horse was a loaner while the R1T is in the shop?

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
🤣 😆😀 Sorry, not shooting the messenger, but that's BS if you carefully read the April 25th email.

If those (only OC preorders) were actually the intended audience of the email, the person/team who wrote it needs help and much better supervision to do their job correctly.

Here's the exact relevant excerpt from the April 25th email,

"For preorder holders with a delivery window in 2022, we will be reaching out in late May to gauge your preferences and help further inform our build combinations. If you’re flexible on certain options, you may be able to take delivery sooner. If you love your original configuration and prefer to stick with it, then no action is required on your part — we’ll simply continue to update you on your estimated delivery timing."

This has nothing to do with OC.
Also, they didn’t send an email to OC orders. So even though this explanation obviously BS on its face, they missed the deadline no matter what!

Sponsored

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Has anyone tried emailing [email protected] to see if they get an explanation? Maybe cc [email protected] for good measure.
I emailed Tony this morning. No cc for RJ:

Good Morning Tony,

I am very disappointed to see that your team has once again failed to properly set expectations for your ability to provide updated delivery timelines for current preorders. I understand the headwinds that you currently face in this challenging manufacturing environment and how that impacts your ability to communicate effectively. That said, this type of unforced error, setting a self imposed and specific timeline and then failing to meet that timeline, is counterproductive as it continues to erode the trust and goodwill that you have earned with attempts at improved communication.

As a shareholder and hopefully a future owner of a Rivian vehicle, it is incredibly disappointing to see a company who has obviously created a great product handicapped by these types of failures. I write this message in the hopes that this type of direct feedback from customers will eventually result in an improved experience.

Very Respectfully,

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram 1500 4x4/Winnebago Vista 28
Occupation
retired
I don't know why anyone believes any delivery window that Rivian puts out unless you are already assigned a guide. Rivian has changed priority for shipping FIVE times already, launch editions with max pack first, to launch editions with large pack first, to launch editions and adventure trim, to Launch editions and Adventure trim with Black and green interiors, to launch editions and adventure trim and people who paid the post March 1 price because why the F not.

Expect your original delivery window to be delayed. Be happy if it is not.
Well Said!

CabinCrusher

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Project Manager
Congrats! But argh, another MA order well after mine, similar build, getting theirs before I do. :(

I guess there's a little reprieve here, I was just able to schedule a mobile test drive (I never got an email, but my account showed the option to schedule when I logged in). So in two weeks from yesterday, they'll be stopping by my house at 9am. That's something, I suppose.
Keep the faith! My first drive is this Friday. One week after I got to schedule it my config got locked and got assigned a guide.

Sponsored

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
FWIW... chat just now...
I can confirm bullshit on that. Rivian has never directly reached out to me for any reason. Only the general emails.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

With the latest update supposedly addressing the 12v issue, I think you’re… beating a dead horse. ;)

Rivian R1T R1S "By the end of May" communication Dead horse

(Dead horse is for illustration purposes only. No horses were harmed in the making of this crude picture.)

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Rivian replied to my tweet with this a short while ago.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Rivian replied to my tweet with this a short while ago.
So we should see those emails rolling out sometime after July 4th based on the current trajectory.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
So we should see those emails rolling out sometime after July 4th based on the current trajectory.
I wish I could give you a 🤣 for that, but it's too close to the truth.
Sponsored