First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Rivian had said earlier that they were going to be reaching out to all current pre-order holders to confirm configuration and potential changes by the end of May.

Has anyone seen this occur yet?

I haven't been contacted, and it doesn't appear many others have as well.

10 days to go.....
Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
I thought that "reach out to confirm by end of May" was for folks with 2022 delivery windows w/ ocean coast configured

But all preorder holders are supposed to get updated delivery windows emailed to us "in the coming weeks"

OP
OP
TheIglu

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
I thought that "reach out to confirm" was for folks with 2022 delivery windows w/ ocean coast configured

But all preorder holders are supposed to get updated delivery windows emailed to us.
I'll have to find the old email and see if that's how they worded it. Perhaps I was being overly hopeful of communication and reading into it more than the reality.

Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Here was the verbiage of the email they sent out on 4/25
"For preorder holders with a delivery window in 2022, we will be reaching out in late May to gauge your preferences and help further inform our build combinations. If youā€™re flexible on certain options, you may be able to take delivery sooner. If you love your original configuration and prefer to stick with it, then no action is required on your part ā€” weā€™ll simply continue to update you on your estimated delivery timing.

We ask those preorder holders with a 2023 (or later) delivery window to sit tight for now but know that we intend to provide you with more clarity this summer as well."

Rivian has communicated a lot more frequently and have to give props as it has been better. Keep in mind running a startup is extremely difficult but I believe they have the best intention of getting our vehicles to us as quickly as possible.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Here was the verbiage of the email they sent out on 4/25
"For preorder holders with a delivery window in 2022, we will be reaching out in late May to gauge your preferences and help further inform our build combinations. If youā€™re flexible on certain options, you may be able to take delivery sooner. If you love your original configuration and prefer to stick with it, then no action is required on your part ā€” weā€™ll simply continue to update you on your estimated delivery timing.

We ask those preorder holders with a 2023 (or later) delivery window to sit tight for now but know that we intend to provide you with more clarity this summer as well."

Rivian has communicated a lot more frequently and have to give props as it has been better. Keep in mind running a startup is extremely difficult but I believe they have the best intention of getting our vehicles to us as quickly as possible.
This email was followed up on 4/29 and had some slightly different info including:

ā€And as a reminder, we plan to share refreshed delivery window estimates with all preorder holders via email in the coming weeks.ā€ This is not what the 4/25 email said.

Right now I think they honestly donā€™t have real answers for anyone other than people who have builds that fit trucks theyā€™ve made.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
The Email on 4/29 said:

And as a reminder, we plan to share refreshed delivery window estimates with all preorder holders via email in the coming weeks.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Originally they were criticized for no communication. Now they are communicating a little too much without any real improvement on the reliability of information. I do think they will figure it out in the coming months and develop a more reliable system for tracking deliveries, but it's a process.

I wouldn't take any stock in any real improvement in the order fulfillment process in the next week. probably just another updated email next Friday.

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I think the option to "lock in" your configuration may be taking the place of the check in to see if you are flexible on options although it could also be a precursor.

I personally think that they want to deliver as many of, if not all, adventure trim R1T models with BM or FE interiors before the start of Q4 so that they can focus on cranking out the OC interiors in Q4. In the meantime, I expect only LE R1S will go out in 2022. That allows them to focus on Max Pack R1T, Explore Trim, and the rest of the adventure R1S starting in 2023.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
So if this is what they said

"For preorder holders with a delivery window in 2022, we will be reaching out in late May to gauge your preferences and help further inform our build combinations."

I would advise everyone to
1. Expect the earliest they REACH OUT (not add a feature to the website for you to play with different options) is June.
2. You will NOT get a call from Rivian about configurations in late May...maybe 6 people will in early June, but you definitely will NOT...and there will be 10 threads here with people whining about not getting contacted in late May
3. This only says they want to confirm what you build will be...not that you will get a more specific delivery date. This is to help them improve output, not get you a better delivery window (at least judging from the email contents).

With that said, on May 30, there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth here when everyone hasn't been contacted by a Guide and told how every configuration change alters their delivery date down to the hour.

It's a messed up world people, let's all expect nonoptimal results.

STLBlues76

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Attorney
I spoke to CS earlier this week and was told ā€œweā€ (whatever that means) would receive updated delivery windows MAYbe by the end of this week, but , if not, then definitely by the end of MAY, no ifs, ands, or buts.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I spoke to CS earlier this week and was told ā€œweā€ (whatever that means) would receive updated delivery windows MAYbe by the end of this week, but , if not, then definitely by the end of MAY, no ifs, ands, or buts.
No slight to you, but I donā€™t believe it. I hope Iā€™m wrong, but CS comments posted here have been extremely unreliable. šŸ˜ž
Sponsored