Sponsored

Bollinger suspends B1/B2 passenger vehicles indefinitely

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Rather than fighting Rivian, Ford, and Chevy, Bollinger's refocusing on a niche that's not quite so crowded.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/43882...ger-pickups-will-only-build-commercial-trucks
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38760943/bollinger-suspends-plans-b1-b2/

Bollinger has always been on my short list of EV startups that are unlikely to survive so this doesn't come as a surprise to me. Will be interesting to see if they have any success with their commercial vehicles (I am still doubtful) as they would be in competition with Rivian, Ram, BrightDrop, etc. I don't really see the commercial EV space as being any less crowded.
Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Doubt they'll be around much longer at all, then. :confused:

In all this time, I guess they couldn't figure out how to produce a rectangle with bolted-on flat panels, flat glass, and no user conveniences or airbags. I mean, that does seem hard when your target price is (check's notes) a measly $125k.

At one time, I had high hopes. I thought maybe they'd produce a stripped-down, bare-bones utility machine for dirt cheap. Then they announced the price and pretty much every fan dropped off.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Bummer! I was a very early reservation holder, but when they went from a target price of $80k to $125k and asked for a deposit, I bailed and reserved an R1T. The B1/B2 were seriously impressive trucks, but also very utilitarian. The market for people wanting to spend $125k on a non-luxury utility vehicle is extremely limited, so I seriously doubted their viability after they jacked the price. Looks like they finally figured that out 3 years later. ?‍♂

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
Oh, I did not know they were still a thing...

Sponsored

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
Bollinger was always vaporware. Anyone with a brain isn't going to spend $125K for a shell of a truck as a consumer vehicle.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I thought their trucks looked great. Along with the Badger they were my favorite design. But, at $125k for what they were offing - not even close to being something I would buy.
Sponsored