SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We like the locking bird chirp on our R1T. Is there any way to increase the volume of the chirp? By the time she locks, we are at a distance where we can't hear the chirp.

Brian
Sponsored

Hankenstein

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius, 2023 R1T
Clubs

From someone whose aging ears are getting disturbingly bad, I thought mine was broken because I never heard it until parking in an empty lot at 11pm.

But then just to point out the unreasonable consumer that I am, I want the EV safety noise quieter but the bird chirp louder.

It is all about me and I want it now!

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Two thumbs up from me to be added in an update so you can choose "Regular" or "Loud" chirp

That would be great, Thanks.

Brian

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
And while we are at it...a louder setting for the wood block sound of turn signals.
THIS.

While I've gotten over my general displeasure with sound the blinker makes, it's painfully quiet & virtually impossible to hear if you have music playing and/or are traveling at speed.

I'm sure there is some obscure federal regulation that dictates the minimum decibel level that a turn signal has to make (too lazy to look it up / confirm), so in that case it seems like an easy solve to just set the minimum volume at whatever that level is & then allow us to increase it from there.

(Though I have to admit I'd rather them tackle some of the more requested features before getting to these. For example, allowing you to "pin" apps/screens to the "dock" on the main screen, ability to save custom audio EQ settings, displaying and/or reading out text messages which they've said they're working on, etc.).

Last edited:

Sponsored

CaptRat

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Corvette, Cadillac CTS
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

And while we are at it...a louder setting for the wood block sound of turn signals.
Please, no.

Or at least make the volume selectable. An audible warning after traveling a certain distance with a signal still on is sufficient. I don't need to be alerted/annoyed with the tock...tock....tock while I'm sitting at a red light waiting to make a left turn with my turn signal on.

Better yet, offer a HUD with turn signal indicators.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Please, no.

Or at least make the volume selectable. An audible warning after traveling a certain distance with a signal still on is sufficient. I don't need to be alerted/annoyed with the tock...tock....tock while I'm sitting at a red light waiting to make a left turn with my turn signal on.

Better yet, offer a HUD with turn signal indicators.
User adjustable would be my vote. Or even speed adjusted. I can't hear mine at speed and realize it is still going after corners that are too minor to cancle it automatically.

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
From someone whose aging ears are getting disturbingly bad, I thought mine was broken because I never heard it until parking in an empty lot at 11pm.

But then just to point out the unreasonable consumer that I am, I want the EV safety noise quieter but the bird chirp louder.

It is all about me and I want it now!
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼😎🤣

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
THIS.

While I've gotten over my general displeasure with sound the blinker makes, it's painfully quiet & virtually impossible to hear if you have music playing and/or are traveling at speed.

I'm sure there is some obscure federal regulation that dictates the minimum decibel level that a turn signal has to make (too lazy to look it up / confirm), so in that case it seems like an easy solve to just set the minimum volume at whatever that level is & then allow us to increase it from there.

(Though I have to admit I'd rather them tackle some of the more requested features before getting to these. For example, allowing you to "pin" apps/screens to the "dock" on the main screen, ability to save custom audio EQ settings, displaying and/or reading out text messages which they've said they're working on, etc.).
There is supposed to be a big update coming this summer, very curious to see what changes will be in there.
Sponsored