Badge appreciation thread

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
I also debadge all my vehicles but leave emblems since they're normally recessed. Besides the technics already listed, I use this safe adhesive remover for anything left behind. My 911 had P O R S C H E across the back of it and thought, who would really ask what type of car it is. Very obvious! So yes this will be the first thing I do when I get my R1T. It's way easier to clean and detail this way also.

Rivian R1T R1S Badge appreciation thread IMG_1563
Sponsored

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
Does anyone else NOT like the compass logo? I like almost all the other badging and fonts, I cant put my finger on why, the compass just looks so generic and boring to me...
To me it looks like a lot like the Renault logo, just squared up. That being said, I neither like nor dislike it strongly.

Rivian R1T R1S Badge appreciation thread Renault

dotlinetriangle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Forest Green / Black Mountain / 21ā€
Clubs

I do find it odd that they chose to use the yellow accents for all of their badges, but not the "RIVIAN" on the back.
I totally agree! The side-painted letters are easily my favorite aesthetic flourish. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen it before, and Iā€™m really enjoying how hard Rivian is leaning into the color. Iā€™m tempted to try hand painting the sides of the rear logo, but donā€™t want to risk messing it up. Anyone want to sell me their de-badged rear letters?

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
I totally agree! The side-painted letters are easily my favorite aesthetic flourish. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen it before, and Iā€™m really enjoying how hard Rivian is leaning into the color. Iā€™m tempted to try hand painting the sides of the rear logo, but donā€™t want to risk messing it up. Anyone want to sell me their de-badged rear letters?
Im going to plastidip all the logos black and attempt to keep the yellow accents on them. Will also debadge the back RIVIAN logo to see how it looks with just the R1T logo in the back

dotlinetriangle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Forest Green / Black Mountain / 21ā€
Clubs

Be sure to post your results! Are you planning on using a masking fluid, dip release, or plain ā€˜ol masking tape? There are some really spaces, especially in the smaller side lettering.

Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Be sure to post your results! Are you planning on using a masking fluid, dip release, or plain ā€˜ol masking tape? There are some really spaces, especially in the smaller side lettering.
Will do. painters tape, toothpicks for the plastidip, dental floss, goo gone, and a hair dryer for debadging

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I agree - I got my C8 last Fall. Several times people have walked up to me near the back of the car (where C O R V E T T E is spelled out in large letters) and asked "Is that a Ferrari?"

Everyone I speak to about my R1T preorder asks me who makes Rivian. It's gonna be a long time before that ends...
You can just come up with different answer every time....

ADVNOW

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JK, JL 4XE
Occupation
Manufacturing
Clubs

Sad this thread has lost its true meaning. Those de-badgers should have started there own thread "De-Badging". This one had great potential for those of us that do like the badging and some cool photos where starting to show up.
So sorry Jessefive.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Sad this thread has lost its true meaning. Those de-badgers should have started there own thread "De-Badging". This one had great potential for those of us that do like the badging and some cool photos where starting to show up.
So sorry Jessefive.
Apologize, will leave the thread