Automatic wipers inop

ekiM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Since the last couple of updates I noticed my automatic wipers no longer are functional, even if I engage them manually. When I do, 5 seconds later the green wiper "A" icon, goes to a grey slash wiper icon. It's truly not a function anymore, and it's annoying!
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
That sucks. There were some pretty severe storms today and mine were working well. The Rivian is a pretty great vehicle to drive in strong rains I've found.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Since the last couple of updates I noticed my automatic wipers no longer are functional, even if I engage them manually. When I do, 5 seconds later the green wiper "A" icon, goes to a grey slash wiper icon. It's truly not a function anymore, and it's annoying!
My auto has not worked how it does in my Polestar or Volvo. Mine has done how you described from day one. It should be you put wipers on auto and forget it. car wash mode should disable and then enable it.

AndyInBV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Same issue here since we purchased the vehicle. I’ve done a hard reset at the advice of a service tech, but that did not work. I read somewhere else that people have experienced this after having their windshield replaced by a 3rd party - something to do with the calibration of the sensor - that needed to bed fixed later by Rivian.

I have a few things to get addressed so will make an appointment and ensure the 300 mile round trip to Denver. If they can solve it I’ll report back. They are scheduling close to a month out right now…

River wader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Was this ever fixed? Just scheduled mobile service on my 8 day old R1T for this exact issue.
Sponsored