Auto wipers not working. Any tips?

Jamlank

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I recently picked my R1T up from the service center. While there, the windshield was replaced. Now the auto wipers do not work. I have tried a vehicle reset as recommended by the service center, but to no avail.
obviously, it’s not critical, since I can still turn the wipers on manually. But I would like the feature to work without wasting another entire day going back to the service center.
any suggestions? Has anyone else dealt with this?
Sponsored

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Lol, sorry to laugh but I had same issue after windshield replacement.

I removed the cover under the mirror and checked connections. One was not fully inserted. After that, still not working. Service center has to replace the sensor.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I had my windshield replaced recently. I hopped in the car and the first thing I tested was the wipers (see last paragraph). The auto wipers were not working. The tech came back out and ran a diagnostic and found that he did not reset a sensor or setting after having replaced the windshield. He did that, and then everything worked perfectly. Less than 5 min.

Edit: Maybe they could do this remotely for you by calling up your truck?

I had a windshield replaced at the Audi Dealer once and on the way home I needed to use the wipers. The wiper arms were never put back on their posts. They were simply laying in their recess with their bolts. I had to put them on their posts and tighten them once a got home - 120 mile journey. Posts were working perfectly! :p

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Was hesitant to open service case thinking it was operator error. Mine flips back from auto to disabled within 3 seconds after I set it. Is that the issue you have as well? I already have a service appt schedule for other issues but it's 4 weeks away and with daily rain lately, it's a pain to constantly toggle and adjust the wipers.

Also, another issue is on the highest setting mode the vigorous wiper movement shakes the gas pedal and it's noticeable enough to be very irritating because it's pulsing every second. Is this normal?

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Was hesitant to open service case thinking it was operator error. Mine flips back from auto to disabled within 3 seconds after I set it. Is that the issue you have as well? I already have a service appt schedule for other issues but it's 4 weeks away and with daily rain lately, it's a pain to constantly toggle and adjust the wipers.

Also, another issue is on the highest setting mode the vigorous wiper movement shakes the gas pedal and it's noticeable enough to be very irritating because it's pulsing every second. Is this normal?
Im having the same issues on our new R1S. Did this get resolved?

Sponsored

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
Im having the same issues on our new R1S. Did this get resolved?
Yes, it was partially resolved after my service visit. The rain sensor was mis-aligned, and after they fixed, works much better now. However, it's not good enough to be fully automatic. These are issues I still have:
- Have to leave it 'off' so that it doesn't randomly wipe when there's no rain.
- For very light drizzle/rain, in stop & go traffic, the sensor doesn't activate until visibilty is completely obscured by the rain, so I have to manually push stalk to perform a wipe, then set it back to auto. Need to keep doing this until rain picks up or stops. I will get this checked out again on the next visit in Jun.

Roger.Joys

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
IT Management
Where exactly is the sensor? Mine started to behave the same way recently and I'd love to visually inspect it prior to setting up a service call.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored