Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm still waiting for the reveal of the truck they actually intend on producing. I thought the cybertruck was just a joke and they were going to drive out the real truck right after. Especially when the glass broke

Last edited:

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
I think they will ship something... but I'd guess it will be MUCH more expensive than originally stated, the single motor version will never see the light of day, it'll be even later than their last timeline, probably end up with a range for the quad (previously tripled motor) under 400 miles, and that they will see a very low conversion rate on reservations.

I'd be fine being wrong with all those predictions...

I am really looking forward to my R1S, but I would have definitely taken delivery of the Plaid+ Model S if they hadn't canceled it...

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
I have about as much confidence of my Cybertruck order being fulfilled as my R1S order. I guess the Silverado EV probably falls in that same category lol.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
Since the Model S/X/3/Y were the goal of Tesla by it's original owners, it was a plan to be executed on. But let's not kid our selves, I HATE Tesla and Elon, their product is a low quality garbage. But it's innovative, it challenged the status quo, re-shaped the industry, and even though the S/X/3/Y plans were already there, they did under go major changes before they hit the roads under Elon.

Could have other OEMs done that? Yes. But they were all waiting to see which OEM flinches first to take the jump ( BEVs are a not a modern marvel btw ) and here comes Tesla, new kid on the block, and did it.

Now, will the CT happen? In some shape or form yes. But given it's a brand new product, not stemming from the original plans, it will be challenging a bit. They will not be able to build it on their existing chassis, and the use of the vehicle is different. Do I hope they make it? Yes, competition is great. Will I buy one? you won't catch me dead in a Tesla product ever again, especially a goofy looking thing.

Different stroke for different folks. But there is no indication the CT will not happen.

Reactions: Guy

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Be nice people. CT forum is already a sad place these days. Not enough tweets to go around and since last year this time which they expected to see a final design, they only got hints of design, timing and price instability. These articles try to kickem while they are down. Even if all or some of CT plans turns out to be B.S. not all B.S. is bad. You would never get a Lightning Pro at $40K if Tesla didn't announce a $40K CT. You would not get a $40K Silverado if Lightning didn't have the Pro. Even if CT sell only an $80K CT or never sell any, that phantom single motor announcement did it's job.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I'm still waiting for the reveal of the truck they actually intend on producing. I thought the cybertruck was just a joke and they were going to drive out the real truck right after. Especially when the glass broke
I'm waiting for my TeslaBot so they can chauffeur me around in comfort while I relax in the back of my CyberTruck!

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
This is insanity. I'm not following CT but let me get this straight: there are somewhere between 1-3 million CT preorders and all the investors can't say as to if, when, or how many CT Telsa will produce? Do they have parts and production line ready to go? if so how much on hand and at what capacity are the lines expected to produce. If truly nobody can answer these questions with even ballpark estimates then I will wager that no CT for 1.5 years minimum.

Riv240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T
Lol, out of all the EV’s, they obviously know how to churn out vehicles. It’s not like it’ll come out full force out the floodgates at once, may trickle out a little in the beginning and tweaking before full scale production.

Delays, of course, almost all are experiencing it, (just like I’m not likely to get my R1S anytime soon).

Not sure why there’s so much hating on any sides, sounds so personal… they just make products

I’d be extremely surprised if nothing gets built, like a 0.001% chance. The demand is through the roof and the competition are all heating and gearing up

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Lol, out of all the EV’s, they obviously know how to churn out vehicles. It’s not like it’ll come out full force out the floodgates at once, may trickle out a little in the beginning and tweaking before full scale production.

Delays, of course, almost all are experiencing it, (just like I’m not likely to get my R1S anytime soon).

Not sure why there’s so much hating on any sides, sounds so personal… they just make products

I’d be extremely surprised if nothing gets built, like a 0.001% chance. The demand is through the roof and the competition are all heating and gearing up
Demand is over a theoretical product. I have extreme doubts that Tesla will be able to pull it off as advertised.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
It looks like CT may be copying R1T size too:

Rivian R1T R1S Article: Tesla's Cybertruck May Not Actually Happen 1642104694375

p.s. Just a Rumor at this point.

OP
OP
ChrissyOne

ChrissyOne

First Name
Chrissy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350, R1T Pre-order
Occupation
Creative Production Manager at Wizards of the Coast
It was supposed to be in production two years ago. When the very first Rivian prototypes were ready, they ran them across South America. Thus far, we have seen no demo of the CT beyond driving fans around on the street at the debut.

If this is a real truck what ON EARTH are they doing? No off-road demos. No preview tests. No rallies. Nothing but some drone footage of their test track. They should at least have a more finalized prototype by now. That doesn't require a manufacturing plant. It should have been done years ago.

It's a vapor product.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I agree with @Max at a minimum the Cybertruck kept downward pressure on Rivian pricing. I think we can all be thankful for that!

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
It was supposed to be in production two years ago. When the very first Rivian prototypes were ready, they ran them across South America. Thus far, we have seen no demo of the CT beyond driving fans around on the street at the debut.

If this is a real truck what ON EARTH are they doing? No off-road demos. No preview tests. No rallies. Nothing but some drone footage of their test track. They should at least have a more finalized prototype by now. That doesn't require a manufacturing plant. It should have been done years ago.

It's a vapor product.
I'm far from a Tesla fan, but let's be fair. There's a HUGE gulf between "They have a production version ready" and "It is completely vaporware and will never happen". I'd expect the final outcome to land somewhere between those extremes.
Sponsored