First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Any other Arizona pre-orders? I reserved the R1T in May 2019.
Sponsored

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

R1T in December 2018

Tio Ricco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Occupation
Semi-Retired
R1T, Phoenix, April 2020, just did the Configurator(Nov 2020) for the Rivian Blue with Max Pack (400+ miles
); probably will not get until March-May 2022... time will tell. If anyone is getting Rivian Blue with an earlier delivery, I would love to see it in-person and make a permanent decision, let me know what color you guys are choosing. My second choice is the L.A. Silver.

Last edited:

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
R1S, Phoenix Metro, 10/02/2020

Sponsored

jayazusa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Technology
R1T, NW Glendale, October 2020, Configuration November 2020 for the Rivian LT Silver, Large Pack, Black Interior, 20" (Still on the Fence Wheel Size), this will be my 4th Electric, previously have had Tesla Model S 75, Tesla Model 3 Performance and Nissan Leaf.

90% of my driving can be done on less than 100 miles a day hoping by delivery there are more fast chargers along the main corridors to LA, SD and SW Colorado.

OP
OP
azbill

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe APS can help them to get the current installations that look complete, up and running. Glendale, Gilbert and Williams all have transformers and just need power turned on, that is the job for APS.

Currently EA has 9 new stations in construction or planned for AZ, these additonal 5, plus the existing 10 open sites will make it a total of 24 sites.

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

jayazusa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technology
Ok still need something in the four corners area, drove to Telluride this past week, no DCFC from Flagstaff to Telluride. There are some level 2 chargers in Cortez and I found 2 level 2 in Telluride that have time limits on them.

APS embracing the EV Movement is a good start.

Sponsored

OP
OP
azbill

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Ok still need something in the four corners area, drove to Telluride this past week, no DCFC from Flagstaff to Telluride. There are some level 2 chargers in Cortez and I found 2 level 2 in Telluride that have time limits on them.

APS embracing the EV Movement is a good start.
I would like to see Page and Kayenta, that opens up routes to North Rim, Utah and Colorado. I think Colorado has a plan to add some in Cortez.

The added benefit of APS owning these is that they do not have to deal with the electricity demand charges. Maybe EA is making a deal with them on the other chargers in the state to reduce their costs.

jayazusa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technology
I would like to see Page and Kayenta, that opens up routes to North Rim, Utah and Colorado. I think Colorado has a plan to add some in Cortez.

The added benefit of APS owning these is that they do not have to deal with the electricity demand charges. Maybe EA is making a deal with them on the other chargers in the state to reduce their costs.
I reached out the the City Manger of Kayenta, because previously they had been listed as a Location for a Tesla Super Charger, well they do not have any charging infrastructure planned at the moment, I have submitted the location to EA a couple time too. Its really sad they were featured in Jonathan Scott's Documentary "Power Trip" for the huge solar plant they have put in.

I have also exchanged emails with the head of Colorado's electrified highways plan about Cortez because it was previously listed as a location and has been removed, he said that the power company that they use in Cortez doesn't want to work with them. They are looking at maybe a smaller implementation but nothing slated as of yet. I guess when your on the leading edge of the curve there will be growing pains.

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
RAN Arizona Locations (estimated)

Page
Kayenta
North Rim
Kingman
Flagstaff
Holbrook
Sedona
Prescott
Quartzite
Yuma
Gila Bend
Globe
Tucson
Willcox
Mt.Lemmon or Oro Valley
Bowie ?
Buckeye
Wickenberg
New River
3 in PHX Metro

I do wish they had a planned charger at the Sunrise Ski resort. I'm just being picky.

Tio Ricco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Occupation
Semi-Retired
RAN Arizona Locations (estimated)

Page
Kayenta
North Rim
Kingman
Flagstaff
Holbrook
Sedona
Prescott
Quartzite
Yuma
Gila Bend
Globe
Tucson
Willcox
Mt.Lemmon or Oro Valley
Bowie ?
Buckeye
Wickenberg
New River
3 in PHX Metro

I do wish they had a planned charger at the Sunrise Ski resort. I'm just being picky.
So glad to see the North Rim/Jacob's Lake location... that's all I really need to get Phoenix-
Wyoming easily now.
Sponsored