Sponsored

Are these commonly reported issues / problems still a thing?

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
While I know the threads still exist, I can't say I have seen them bubbling up to the top of the list recently so I wanted to get a "checkpoint" on some of the common issues that seemed to be "hot" for a week, or a month, or maybe several months, to get a gauge on just how common the still are...

Maybe this should be a poll? but for now I'm just asking for comments and of there are missing things I can amend this list, so are Rivian owners still "commonly" experiencing any of the following things:

• Ticking/Tocking at low speed start/stop
  • Underbody screws missing/falling out and/or underbody panels falling off
  • Freakishly "easy" glass breaks
  • Uneven suspension (passenger side lower/higher)
  • Wind noise/window seal gaps?
  • Alignment Issues?
  • What else?
I didn't include tonneau covers as those have just been eliminated entirely for new vehicles.
The 12volt batteries going dead and not being able to be jumped. Unable to replace batteries without the frunk tub having to be removed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RexRemus

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

That’s good - I just noticed this on my truck today after picking up a week ago the driver side is about 3/4 of an inch lower than the passenger side at all times. This is both front tires:

ED9997C8-3F53-4B93-A8C1-6B3DE7EC1E1D.jpeg

51131378-E7F5-4F28-BDE1-017E6A0B9DED.jpeg
That looks more like 2.5 inches. That's a huge difference

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
That looks more like 2.5 inches. That's a huge difference
Yes I agree but I measured with Rivian service on the phone and it’s about an inch. Goes in Wednesday for a few fixes so they are going to take a look!

hard to see but this is a shot from in front…

Rivian R1T R1S Are these commonly reported issues / problems still a thing? 3FED4F1F-4E25-43D2-94F0-4F840DD21BDB

FrictionlessLube

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 WRX, ‘20 Forester
Clubs

I noticed shortly after I took delivery the truck drifts right and I constantly have to correct it by turning and keeping the wheel every so slightly left. If I put the wheel in a straight and centered position, I really go right. I got it aligned Friday at the Denver SC. It was way off and they provided the before and after print out. It tracks better, but the steering wheel is still not centered. It’s turned about 2-3 degrees left to track straight. Putting the wheel at a centered position drifts me right fairly hard. I might as well put in another ticket.
I just noticed too the right passenger door has some paint chipped off from it rubbing against the quarter panel. Not seeing any other panel gap issues. Only other issues were software that went away after a sleep, a toggle on and off, or a soft reset (gear guard not recording videos after a day or two of doing, videos showing 0:00 and not playing back, and kneel mode not activating every once in awhile). First and only time I did a soft reset was for the videos showing 0:00. After the reset, they played as normal.

jhelmig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Yes I agree but I measured with Rivian service on the phone and it’s about an inch. Goes in Wednesday for a few fixes so they are going to take a look!

hard to see but this is a shot from in front…

3FED4F1F-4E25-43D2-94F0-4F840DD21BDB.jpeg
This looks very similar to what I had except on the front vs the back. If you have some time, I would recommend you measure on an hour by hour basis after putting on offroad / tire change. Hope they can get it resolved quickly / easy.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This looks very similar to what I had except on the front vs the back. If you have some time, I would recommend you measure on an hour by hour basis after putting on offroad / tire change. Hope they can get it resolved quickly / easy.
Basically to measure how much it falls every hour? I do have some time to do this today.

jhelmig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Basically to measure how much it falls every hour? I do have some time to do this today.
Yes, exactly. I put it in offroad + tire change, then took a ruler from the ground to the top of the driver and passenger side (rear in my case) every hour (+/-) for like 4 hours. Tire to wheel well is probably also effective. That may help the SC diagnose.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yes, exactly. I put it in offroad + tire change, then took a ruler from the ground to the top of the driver and passenger side (rear in my case) every hour (+/-) for like 4 hours. Tire to wheel well is probably also effective. That may help the SC diagnose.
Currently doing this as we speak!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
@DTown3011 BTW: Here was the writeup when it was resolved (they had some of the times wrong but you get the idea). It lost about an inch an hour and bottomed out.

Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 3.09.04 PM.png
Thanks - mine doesn't seem to be losing air, just not level. I just went out after an hour in tire change mode and the heights were the same. However, similar to the photos above they are about 3/4-1" different heights.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Well, they fixed my suspension today under warranty. Apparently it was a broken left front damper and they had all the parts in stock. They also fixed the alignment and all was completed same day.

Rivian R1T R1S Are these commonly reported issues / problems still a thing? 1678918050082

LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

better QC of the applique installation
My late Mar build, picked up today, has a messed up "applique" (assuming my interpretation of this word as read on the forums is correct)

This is the metal piece between the TOP of the windshield and the FRONT of the roof glass, correct? If so, mine is lower in several points than the edge of the roof glass, and much higher than the glass in others.

This is an easy fix for them? I had assumed I was SOL since it appeared to be metal bodywork.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
My late Mar build, picked up today, has a messed up "applique" (assuming my interpretation of this word as read on the forums is correct)

This is the metal piece between the TOP of the windshield and the FRONT of the roof glass, correct? If so, mine is lower in several points than the edge of the roof glass, and much higher than the glass in others.

This is an easy fix for them? I had assumed I was SOL since it appeared to be metal bodywork.
It's actually not metal, and it's glued in place.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Why is it so hard to install correctly on the assembly line?
It really shouldn't be. The robot that presses it in needs to be properly sorted out.
Sponsored