Sponsored

Are these commonly reported issues / problems still a thing?

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Feb. '23 build, picked up March '23, 19xxx VIN, 1,700 miles so far. Have had none of those issues after expecting all of them, LOL. Only items of note were one tailgate cable longer than the other, a bit of pollen under the factory PPF, and missing grommets/seals/whatever they're called on the roof rack mount points. Ticket in for all three of those if I ever make it to a service center.

Ever so slight drift to the right but that could just be the lousy roads around here. Maybe slight wind noise if I get above 70 mph? But I live in one of the worst traffic areas of the country. Times I can go that fast are few & far between. 😆

Seeing some of these posts about lean make me want to get out my tape measure. But after living with "Chevy lean" for the better part of the past few decades, nothing Rivian could do would be more annoying than that. 😉
Sponsored

Big Bad VooDoo

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Medical
Ha, my bigger issue is the front brake warning nanny. Yes, dear, I see the car that is way too close because they zipped in front of me without a blinker or warning. No, dear, I don't want to brake right away, I would like the little shit to see me 4 inches from ramming his nice BMW for a moment or two and then I will brake.
That is their entitled privalage as a BMW owner, it states it right in their purchase contract just like Prius contract states that drivers must pull in front of you and slow down in the far left lane.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I have to admit that I do like blasting past the, "you know they are going to do stupid stuff" folks when they think they have a high performance car and try to squeeze in front of me. I really need to stop that. I'm sure I'm going to get myself in trouble someday.
I admit doing this occasionally when something like a Charger tries speeding past on my right assuming they’ll be able to cut in front of me. They’re always surprised when they can’t. That said, it’s not worth it and I need to stop before someone gets hurt.
Sponsored