Are Rivian Financing Rates Competitive?

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 šŸ¤ž
Any insights on finance rates offered by Rivian compared to other financial institutions (banks, credit unions)?
Should i bother to check their rates or just go straight to my credit union? Thanks.
Sponsored

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
There is a similar thread existing, but I used Rivian finance (Chase I think) to make it easy, and refinanced it right away after delivery with a local credit union for a considerable savings.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Always compare the available options. Having said that, Rivian/Chase seems to be running a few points higher than the more competitive offerings right now (based on Rivian's payment calculator in the vehicle studio).

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
There is a similar thread existing, but I used Rivian finance (Chase I think) to make it easy, and refinanced it right away after delivery with a local credit union for a considerable savings.
Same. Rivianā€™s rates are about 1.5% higher but my credit union was being difficult to work with. Didnā€™t wanna delay delivery so Iā€™m just refinancing ASAP.

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Same - was two points higher than local credit union. Would have made transaction easier however ā€¦ my delivery was delayed due to their finance requirements on bank

Sponsored

ElCapiTan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang
Occupation
Computer Janitor
I didn't even bother to check and went with my credit union. I figured Rivian is making a profit over Chase's rate, so you will pay for the convenience.

Keep in mind unless you are buying a vehicle from the R1-shop that is already at the service center you'll have plenty of time to get rates and finalize a loan from a local credit union.

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2002 Ford
Occupation
Business Owner
I bought from the shop and used a credit union. It was a bout 2 to 3% cheaper. I had everything done with my credit union in about 36 hours start to finish so it did not slow up the process at all. I know that will not always be the case. It will depend on your financing source.

jbrumsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Miata RF, F-Pace S, Backdraft Cobra
Occupation
IT
I used Rivian finance to squeeze in my purchase before the end of the year but currently in the process of refinancing with Parsons FCU. Someone else mentioned them on here and they are nearly 3 points lower than what Rivian gave me.

krockett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser
Clubs

Went through Parsons FC myself, great rate when compared to other options. I recommend you become a member asap and then allow up to a week for the loan application to process. Super easy and smooth experience overall.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (broken), 20"], 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Any insights on finance rates offered by Rivian compared to other financial institutions (banks, credit unions)?
Should i bother to check their rates or just go straight to my credit union? Thanks.
I found that Rivian (Chase) rates are actually competitive with most institutions (including my local credit union). There are other options that are much better, though.

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2013 Leaf S and 2006 Pilot EX-L
Rivian (Chase) would be probably fastest, but there are better rates available. I got 4% from Parsons FCU last week. Anyone can join Parsons. There are lot of posts on this forum about Parsons FCU. Please search for Parsons if you are interested.
Sponsored