Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
While we’re talking about tailgates. Is the tailgate supposed to drop by itself? MIne doesn’t, simply unlatches.
On an incline where the back points down, mine drops. On a flat road or if the back points up (like my driveway backed up to my garage) it won’t drop unless I help it.

Rivian SC says they can’t change that,
Sponsored

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
have to have the 2923.10 installed to be able to use the new control with new version of app
I really don't understand why they're tying this to vehicle software. Tonneau, tailgate, and gear tunnel commands have been in the app but behind feature detection for quite a while and they do work. It seems strange to me. Are they actually adding something new to the truck to enable this? Maybe some extra protections to prevent the tailgate from hitting something?

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
While we’re talking about tailgates. Is the tailgate supposed to drop by itself? MIne doesn’t, simply unlatches.
It supposedly will if you're parked uphill. Mine does because I cut a Tractor Supply horse stall mat to fit and it's just long enough to press slightly on the two "outer ridges" in the tailgate...so releasing the tailgate kinda "springs" it open. Be forewarned...these things stink to high heaven...it's like I moved into a Goodyear tire plant when I walk into the garage...and it's been in there since November.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
On an incline where the back points down, mine drops. On a flat road or if the back points up (like my driveway backed up to my garage) it won’t drop unless I help it.

Rivian SC says they can’t change that,
Appreciate clarity.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I really don't understand why they're tying this to vehicle software. Tonneau, tailgate, and gear tunnel commands have been in the app but behind feature detection for quite a while and they do work. It seems strange to me. Are they actually adding something new to the truck to enable this? Maybe some extra protections to prevent the tailgate from hitting something?
Probably need to put the code in to accept the signal from the app. Not sure how it is coded but the app probably has its own subroutine section that handles the requests. That is how I would have done it to lower the exposure for remote calls.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Probably need to put the code in to accept the signal from the app. Not sure how it is coded but the app probably has its own subroutine section that handles the requests. That is how I would have done it to lower the exposure for remote calls.
If you mod the app or spoof the network responses to tell the app the features are there they work fine. I was able to open the tonneau from my phone months ago.
Sponsored