Sponsored

Anyone get your Rivian preorder gift / swag?

RefugeEV

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Cayenne
Update 3/25/19:

@krcossin has posted the "something special" that Rivian had mentioned preorderers would be receiving - it's a signed letter by RJ Scaringe and a design sketch print. :like:

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone get your Rivian preorder gift / swag? rivian-swag-032519-

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone get your Rivian preorder gift / swag? rivian-letter-032519-

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone get your Rivian preorder gift / swag? rivian-r1t-drawing-032519-

Rivian previously said that all preorders would be receiving a special package in the new year. Has anyone received anything yet? I keep checking my mail.

Any guesses what the gift could be? o_O

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
No need for a gift. Please just focus on production. If you have a need go to Rivian Automotive Club and sign up for a free Rivian keychain.

bathbunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 RWD LR, first-production
Now is not the time for gifts -- the best gift to all of us is to move from prototypes to production.

I was one of the first to preorder a Model 3 from Tesla; you wouldn't believe the amount of traffic on the forums about the form of "reward" for early adopters, nor the scale of projected rewards...
Many seemed to believe they were "owed" a free upgrade for a special paint or fancier wheels, upgrades already then priced at $1500-2500, never stopping to think that (i) 400'000 preorder "rewards" at over $1'500 each would amount to three quarters of a billion and kill the company before it had a chance to get off the ground and (ii) the whole point of being an early adopter is to support the company and help make the product a reality, not to ask for gifts... (In the end, Tesla did make two gestures, one to send a small concept art poster and the second to place inside the space in the center console a miniature replica of the car you were buying. They were nice gestures, but really not necessary.)

Sponsored

Alan Burns

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Terrain, 1967 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u
I wonder how many they have already sent out and if a new customer will get one if they reserve one today or 6 months from now? If you cancel do you need to send it back? <G>

Alan
Missoula

Aurum

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Dual Motor Max Pack
I got this same thing in the mail today, but it had concept art from R1S! Cool! It must be because I preordered the R1S.

OP
OP
RefugeEV

RefugeEV

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Cayenne
Here's the one R1S preorders got.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone get your Rivian preorder gift / swag? Rivian R1S sketch gift

bathbunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Very nice -- just like what I got when I preordered my Model 3 way back on March 2016. In both cases, they chose a drawing/rendering over a picture of their prototype, which is the right choice --- anyone can download a high-res pic of the R1T or R1U, print it, and frame it, but the rendering is more inspiring! I'll be checking my mail box tomorrow or day after (takes longer for mail to Hawaii...)

Sponsored

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

Got my R1S swag today. I placed an order for both because I couldn’t decide, but maybe they chose for me.

Aurum

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Dual Motor Max Pack
IIRC you can swap between R1S or R1T when it comes time to buy for free. No need to have two orders. It should say that in the notification email (I know it did on mine). @PoorPilot

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

IIRC you can swap between R1S or R1T when it comes time to buy for free. No need to have two orders. It should say that in the notification email (I know it did on mine). @PoorPilot
Yes, you’re right, but I was considering purchasing both models. Not a big deal- I plan on talking to them more about it in NY.

Jootunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S90, E63, GM6, GT4, Samurai
Just pointing out, not all confirmation emails stated you can change your order.

Your Rivian preorder is confirmed.

Let the adventure begin.

Please Note: Preorders require a deposit of $1,000. Production will begin in 2020. Fully-equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and largest battery pack will enter production first. Our 180 kWh and 135 kWh packs will be available at launch with the 105 kWh to follow in 2021. You can cancel your preorder and receive a full refund at anytime by sending an email to [email protected]. You should receive your refund within approximately three business days.​

bathbunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just pointing out, not all confirmation emails stated you can change your order.

Your Rivian preorder is confirmed.

Let the adventure begin.

Please Note: Preorders require a deposit of $1,000. Production will begin in 2020. Fully-equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and largest battery pack will enter production first. Our 180 kWh and 135 kWh packs will be available at launch with the 105 kWh to follow in 2021. You can cancel your preorder and receive a full refund at anytime by sending an email to [email protected]. You should receive your refund within approximately three business days.​
Same for me here, but I pre-ordered the R1T before the R1S was unveiled, so the message could not have said anything about the R1S.
I'd assume that pre-orders placed after the R1S was unveiled carry the message about interchangeability.
Sponsored