Sponsored

Any updates on the automatic tonneau cover coming back?

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I just got a used R1T early this week and is has the power cover. It stops well short of the cab and is not smooth at all. I would be happy if Rivian would just replace it with a manual one. Had a manual folding one on my last truck and it was problem free. This thing seems like a Rube Goldberg design.
Sponsored

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
I just got a used R1T early this week and is has the power cover. It stops well short of the cab and is not smooth at all. I would be happy if Rivian would just replace it with a manual one. Had a manual folding one on my last truck and it was problem free. This thing seems like a Rube Goldberg design.
There is a method for recalibration, and if you search the forum, it will tell you how to reset your power cover so that it closes all the way properly. There are two types of power covers: the ones that don’t work and the ones that are not going to work at some point in time.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I’ve about given up on Rivian getting this thing fixed. I just hope they come up with some sort of remedy to make buyers whole.

I’ve been nicely harrassing Diamondback in the hope they will consider making one of their tonneau covers fit the R1T. Those things are awesome. I wonder if the Maverick version could be made to fit.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Rivian behavior on the automatic tonneau is simply unacceptable. Seems way too low priority. No possible way that a solution could not have been found and implemented in this time frame. Clearly they aren't taking it seriously enough.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian behavior on the automatic tonneau is simply unacceptable. Seems way too low priority. No possible way that a solution could not have been found and implemented in this time frame. Clearly they aren't taking it seriously enough.
They could be testing a dozen different re-designs and still be having occasional issues.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
They could be testing a dozen different re-designs and still be having occasional issues.
They knew the design was faulty when the first one left the plant over a year and a half ago. Enough time has passed to have figured it out. We aren't launching people to the moon here.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

They knew the design was faulty when the first one left the plant over a year and a half ago. Enough time has passed to have figured it out. We aren't launching people to the moon here.
You aren't doing anything.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
You aren't doing anything.
What would you consider an acceptable time frame for these paid for tonneau covers to be repaired, from date of delivery?

I would also better like to understand what "you aren't doing anything" means?