Sponsored

Any Canadian reservation holders with a new delivery window?

Burguiz

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - Jul-Sep delivery window
Occupation
CEO - https://voltsafe.com
I've got the first message, mentioning I would get another email within two weeks with the updated delivery window.

Lots of people seem to have gotten their update already (forums are on fire tonight!), but they all appear to be US customers.

Anybody from Canada got their new delivery window? I was originally set for July-September for my R1S.
I am in the same boat as you, was supposed to get it in Jul-Sep 2022 and now it is first half of H1 2023. They mentioned they are not going to be delivering in areas that the infrastructure isn't set up already. That means Canada doesn't hit their radar if you look on their list. "They continue to prioritize deliveries in locations where service infrastructure is in place." https://rivian.com/support/article/...d=R00D854C195D8654F768346E53AB41057295C6375BB
Sponsored

Burguiz

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - Jul-Sep delivery window
Occupation
CEO - https://voltsafe.com
I am in the same boat as you, was supposed to get it in Jul-Sep 2022 and now it is first half of H1 2023. They mentioned they are not going to be delivering in areas that the infrastructure isn't set up already. That means Canada doesn't hit their radar if you look on their list. "They continue to prioritize deliveries in locations where service infrastructure is in place." https://rivian.com/support/article/...d=R00D854C195D8654F768346E53AB41057295C6375BB
Hi,

Thank you for your preorder and your commitment to helping us create a more sustainable world. As we continue to assess our supply chain and build plans, we want to provide an update on your estimated delivery window.

Your Launch Edition package R1S estimated delivery window is the first half of 2023

Your delivery window estimate is based on your preorder date, delivery location and current configuration. Here’s why your window has shifted:
  1. Supply chain
    As we’ve continued to navigate a tight supply chain, we’ve had to reduce complexity wherever possible, including prioritizing certain build combinations over others.
  2. Service Infrastructure
    We continue to prioritize deliveries in locations where service infrastructure is in place so that we can provide the full ownership experience to Rivian owners from day one.
We’re grateful for your continued support and will continue to keep you updated. Your preorder is a vote for finding better ways of doing things on a planet that needs all of us to innovate for the future. If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

Thank you again for being on this journey with us.

* Any additional changes to your configuration or delivery address may impact your estimated delivery window.​

jefft850

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Banking wholesaler
Clubs

I saw a forest green R1T on Vancouver Island last week and got excited. I was not able to catch the license plate as it was going the opposite direction, could have been from Washington State. Based on production volumes and increasing through the rest of the year, I really hope 1st half of 2023 is reality. Less than 12 months!!!!

jimbones

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Design Operations, Microsoft
Clubs

Hello from Ottawa. Here’s where we’re at with our delivery timing. Preordered on Mar 1, 2019.

R1T
Original: July-Sept 2022
New: Same? Haven’t received a delay email yet. Fingers crossed.

R1S
New: H1 2023

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Hello from Ottawa. Here’s where we’re at with our delivery timing. Preordered on Mar 1, 2019.

R1T
New: Same? Haven’t received a delay email yet. Fingers crossed.

R1S
New: H1 2023
I haven't received anything about my R1T (Aug 2019) which originally had Oct-Dec 2022 window. Given that the earliest Canadian windows I've seen are early LE R1Ts, in BC, with Dec 2022-Jan 2023. Rivian responded to a media inquiry and said Canadian deliveries were starting in November 2022 now (employees I am sure). I'd say that your R1T window has slipped (as has mine).

I am expecting 2H 2023 for my R1T. Given that you pre-ordered both at the same time. There is a good chance your R1T window is also 1H 2023. But odd they haven't sent the update yet. But sorry to say - it's not coming this summer.

Sponsored

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla 3 LR Dual | 2022 R1T Quad
Will be around Montreal Thursday 8/25 with my R1T. Send me a message if you live in the area, you are free Thursday early afternoon and would like to see the truck in person. We can try to organize a meet up.

OP
OP

hroussel

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3 perf, (R1T DMP reserved)
Will be around Montreal Thursday 8/25 with my R1T. Send me a message if you live in the area, you are free Thursday early afternoon and would like to see the truck in person. We can try to organize a meet up.
I live in Montreal so yes I’m interested!

I have actually seen a R1T in Zion national park a few weeks ago when I was on vacation but obviously could not sit in it.

Would be nice also to get a ride, depending of course on how many people show up. Might not be feasible is there’s 50 of us!

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
If you are driving through Ontario to Montreal I would love to meet up as well.:like:

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I live in Montreal so yes I’m interested!

I have actually seen a R1T in Zion national park a few weeks ago when I was on vacation but obviously could not sit in it.

Would be nice also to get a ride, depending of course on how many people show up. Might not be feasible is there’s 50 of us!
Great, will keep you posted on time and location. Will try to find a place next to a highway with a fast charger. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you are driving through Ontario to Montreal I would love to meet up as well.:like:
Will be driving to Ottawa from Montreal during Labor Day weekend but I am not sure I will have the opportunity then. Where are you located?

Sponsored

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Great, will keep you posted on time and location. Will try to find a place next to a highway with a fast charger. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Hello @RivianNE ,

I live downtown and would love to get a chance to try the seat – still a bit worried being 6’9’’.

Are you just driving through? If so, what highway and direction? Staying the night? I could suggest a few locations where we could get a nice bite to eat at the same time (my treat) you charge and make it easy if a few of us Montreal riviots show up.

Even if it doesn’t work out for me, Ill gladly give you suggestions for this or anything else you need in the area.

OP
OP

hroussel

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3 perf, (R1T DMP reserved)
Well to be fair, the charging situation, for non Tesla EVs, sucks big time in the province of Quebec.

If you don't mind a paltry 100kw of power, there's the Circuit Electrique right off the Metropolitain on Lacordaire. I believe they have some 350kw stations in test but they're not in Montreal.

Electrify Canada has a handful of charging stations. The closest I can find on the map are in either Mirabel, some 30-40 mi North of Montreal, or Repentigny which is East of Montreal. The one in Repentigny is right off highway 40, and is 350kw, so that might be the best option if you don't mind going a bit East.

Finally there's Petro Canada (gasp!) which has a charger (350kw I believe) in Boisbriand North of Montreal. It's just off the 640 and might be another interesting option.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Will be driving to Ottawa from Montreal during Labor Day weekend but I am not sure I will have the opportunity then. Where are you located?
I live in Burlington, ON, close to Niagara Falls.
Based on your route you are probably not going to go through where I live, unless you drive through NY. In any case, I am also not going to be in town during that weekend.
Sponsored