OP

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
My alignment was ever so slightly off and I asked that they check it while it was in for some body panel issues and they said they performed an alignment but as I drove out of the lot it was obvious that it’s so much worse. Not sure how this could go unnoticed. I’m shocked how bad it is now. I regret bringing it up.

That was my fear for taking it the last time since they were unable to get it right the previous attempts, but honestly the people at the Dallas service center.......all they want is to make us customers happy so they flat out said "we'll do whatever to make you happy regardless how many times it takes" that's a heck of pleasant perspective.
Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
That was my fear for taking it the last time since they were unable to get it right the previous attempts, but honestly the people at the Dallas service center.......all they want is to make us customers happy so they flat out said "we'll do whatever to make you happy regardless how many times it takes" that's a heck of pleasant perspective.
They fixed it— got me in for another appointment yesterday vs the the 4 weeks it usually takes and threw it on the rack as soon as I got there. First same day service I have received, alignment is great, and I didn’t have to leave my truck for multiple days. Wish they could do it that way more often, and grateful for the stellar service. Rivian does really have the best intentions and will work to fix problems.

RivLiam

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Did they say an external shop could do it? Every time I call the service call center they say it has to be done at the rivian service center which makes no sense to me.

I was just on the phone with the Brooklyn service center and they said alignments can only be done at rivian locations due to the hardware needed for the sensor calibration post alignment.
FWIW I'm being told on the phone that Rivian partners with Discount Tire (and others but I didn't catch the names because they aren't in my area) for alignment so double check that info just in case it saves you some time. I'm currently a few hours in two different directions from a service center and it would be a full day to get it up/sorted/back which i'm trying to avoid.

**I'm now being told alignment can only take place at a Rivian SC, sorry for any misinformation!

Last edited:

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
This is no longer true at the dallas center. I brought the vehicle in for 2nd alignment issue for vehicle is still slightly pulling right. They recheck it and said everything is within spec and with my tires milage of 5500, it will be $240 to redo the alignment. (hard pass on this) I rather have a real tire shop doing alignment than Rivian since they did not fix it the first time !!

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
My mobile service tech said I can try to take its to a shop and ask them to adjust the toe of the front tires if I didn't wanna come in for an alignment.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This is no longer true at the dallas center. I brought the vehicle in for 2nd alignment issue for vehicle is still slightly pulling right. They recheck it and said everything is within spec and with my tires milage of 5500, it will be $240 to redo the alignment. (hard pass on this) I rather have a real tire shop doing alignment than Rivian since they did not fix it the first time !!
Let us know how that works out for you. By chance do you have post-alignment specs from the Rivian alignment that you can share?

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

I just picked mine up from service today. Dropped it off on 7-19 so they had it for 5 days if you include the weekend.

Alignment seems fixed! They also secured the fender trim where the charge port button is located.
Sponsored