Accidental Tech Podcast: R1T Test Drive report

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
One of the hosts of the Accidental Tech Podcast recently test drove a R1T, and discussed it in detail on the most recent ep (523). The podcast covers Apple and Apple products, various 1st world problems experienced by the hosts, IOS app development, general experiences with tech and occasional higher end home products (TV's, speakers, cameras, toaster, etc). Hosted by 3 programmers/tech enthusiasts (Marco Arment, John Siracusa, Casey Liss). The Rivian discussion takes up ~ the last ~ 50 minutes of the most recent episode, with the first 10-15 covering why he wants a Rivian R1S, how he sold his Tesla to Carmax, etc, a bit long for some, though I appreciate this kind of stuff.

The host, Marco Arment (Tumblr, Instapaper, Overcast), was a very, very long time Tesla owner and EV enthusiast. Currently drives a Land Rover Defender, and just sold a model S to CarMax, which is described in the run up to the R1T evaluation. Has ordered a R1S. The long discussion was about the most enthusiastic review I've heard for a Rivian recently, mostly talking about how Rivian takes ideas and design cues from Tesla, but implements them better, how the host really liked the performance, SUV feature set, regen braking, most of the control layout, available storage (but wants more cupholders), and only misses carplay a little.

Not sure there is much that would be new to forum members, but its quite fun to listen to if you want to hear an enthusiastic validation of your Rivian purchase.
Sponsored

Last edited:

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I used to listen to ATP religiously, but stopped at some point. Thanks for the heads-up, will have to queue this one up.

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Software Dev / Architect / Product Designer
I'm a long time listener (and reader ... and app user ...) of Marco, Casey and John (Hypercritical, all their 5by5 network contributions, etc.)

They can be super dorks - note I didn't say nerd, they're that too - but also ... dorks. But I say that with love and affection :D

Cool, I know Marco has been wanting to jettison the Tesla, and I'm behind a few eps, I saw one had a summary about a Land Rover, and I was like, oh, f***, no bad choice, but this sounds like a redirect :)

OP
OP
nc10

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
I'm a long time listener (and reader ... and app user ...) of Marco, Casey and John (Hypercritical....
Hypercritical was "must hear podcasting", still missed.

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hypercritical was "must hear podcasting", still missed.
John's OSX/MacOS reviews on Ars Technica were AMAZING :cool:

Listening now, thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation