R1S impresses MERUS Adventure Park CEO after cruising through technical terrain

superfluid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Kia Telluride
Occupation
Tech

My wife and I recently took our R1S to MERUS Adventure Park in northern TX to overland and offroad. MERUS CEO, Dirk van Reenen, saw our rig and wanted to see how the Rivian compared to built-up ICE rigs on difficult terrain. He and I took the R1S through tough off-camber sections and steep, loose climbs. The Rivian did fantastically well. I had a heck of a good time.

It's one thing to believe your vehicle can do something. It's another to prove it to yourself. It's yet another to impress a pro. Dirk might buy a Rivian now. :)

I'm working on a photo essay with a lot more photos of what it's like to push your own limits in the great outdoors in a Rivian. Overlanding was a transformative experience for us. I'll share it here.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S impresses MERUS Adventure Park CEO after cruising through technical terrain _SA11582_sm
Sponsored

RivianBowerbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
@superfluid What's funny is that this showed up in my YouTube recommendations yesterday, and I had no idea you were featured in it! 😄 That park looks incredibly fun, particularly for Texas since we're so limited on offroading places! I'm going to have to go visit it. Also, the Supercharger network opening makes this trip even easier, as there's one right there in Amarillo!

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. It’s amazing how well Rivian did compared to a modded Rubicon on 40” tires.

Passed with flying colors.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S impresses MERUS Adventure Park CEO after cruising through technical terrain IMG_9031

Rivian R1T R1S R1S impresses MERUS Adventure Park CEO after cruising through technical terrain IMG_9036

Rivian R1T R1S R1S impresses MERUS Adventure Park CEO after cruising through technical terrain IMG_9045

Rivian R1T R1S R1S impresses MERUS Adventure Park CEO after cruising through technical terrain IMG_9038

Sponsored

dgennetten

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Watching the wheel damage on this video reminds me that I one day would like to design and print snap-on, snap-off wheel covers for rock crawling.